Wiki Posts
Search

Award Waitlisting and Close-in Fees

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2008, 3:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
Award Waitlisting and Close-in Fees

Say I book an award in XY and waitlist for XC more than 21 days before departure. If the waitlist clears less than 21 days before departure do I have to pay the close-in processing fee to rebook into XC? A strict reading of the fee chart would say yes, but that seems pretty lame.
Old Jul 5, 2008, 6:43 am

Programs: United GS 1.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
if any part of your flight can be booked in XC without waitlisting, they will pull the XC amount of miles and u can waitlist and it will just clear. But if only XY can be confirmed and u want to upgrade to XC, they actually have to credit you back the mile and reissue the ticket and so in this case, the close in fee would be applicable and $150 to cancel the XY ticket.

You can either wait for a XC to open up and book the whole ticket in XC and waitlist the portions that are not available or just travel Y. I believe that waitlisting for the award portions would need a phone res agent, so you are going to need to pay $25.
Old Jul 5, 2008, 10:21 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by BayAreaPilot
Say I book an award in XY and waitlist for XC more than 21 days before departure. If the waitlist clears less than 21 days before departure do I have to pay the close-in processing fee to rebook into XC? A strict reading of the fee chart would say yes, but that seems pretty lame.

If you are truly waitlisted and the waitlist clears, there will be no charge for new seat assignment
Old Jul 5, 2008, 10:42 am

Programs: UA Plat-2MM, Marriott Life Titanium, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by panjfj
I believe that waitlisting for the award portions would need a phone res agent, so you are going to need to pay $25.
You can book online (if you are able to) and waitlist (anything allowable) later by phone at no charge.

Charles

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.