Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Holy moly, new ual.com website look [Merged Threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Holy moly, new ual.com website look [Merged Threads]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2008, 12:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Mile Nobody, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Gold
Exclamation Holy moly, new ual.com website look [Merged Threads]

Search by schedule has new graphics on the list page. I haven't looked close enough to see if there is anything really new, but didn't the old search page list the aircraft type without having to go to "Flight Info" link?

Plus the price used to show in the box with the flights. Now it is only on the sliding box thing.
Old Jun 29, 2008, 12:41 am

Exclamation Holy moly, new site look [Merged Threads]

Just doing some searching when all of a sudden the search results got a new look.
HERE
Old Jun 29, 2008, 12:47 am

Programs: UA MMGold, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat
New look of UA website

Just saw new layout of UA web pages for flight booking and itinerary display.

Didn't see much real changes for flight booking display except the look and feel.

For display itinerary, noticed a good enhancement for "on hold" itinerary. The "on hold" is in red color and display the time when the hold will expire^

Didn't know changes is coming so a bit surprised.

Last edited by wendySFO; Jun 29, 2008 at 12:53 am
Old Jun 29, 2008, 12:47 am

I hate the functionality of the new look. It's a pain and the mouseover flight info box disappears on the last flight on the bottom of the page.

Last edited by United737522; Jun 29, 2008 at 1:16 am
Old Jun 29, 2008, 12:51 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AS MVPG, SPG/Marriott Gold
Not bad, just saw it myself! I also think there's a new column in my mileage summary (elite bonus is separate from fare bonus), and some minor tweaks to "My Itineraries".

The new search results seem to have broken Yapta's add-in, though.
Old Jun 29, 2008, 1:02 am

Programs: United 'Cattle Car', American, JetBlue Airways, Marriott Rewards 'Gold', Amtrak AGR 'Select'
Smile Nice Looking...

I suspected changes to the site were coming. Recent changes were made to UA's Mileage Plus Dining site, so I guess 'Change Is Good' on this one. Thanks - Joe G
Old Jun 29, 2008, 1:05 am
Suspended

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1PMM; JetSmarter; HHonors Gold
I think it looks good.

A positive change for once.
Old Jun 29, 2008, 1:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
I just noticed it too...but why fix a part of the site that was already fine?
Old Jun 29, 2008, 1:14 am

Programs: UA 1K
I'd be nice if they would have kept the type of aircraft listed. ( instead of hidden in "flight details").
Old Jun 29, 2008, 1:15 am

Initially, I thought it looked good as well. After using it tonight though, it is a pain... I am looking for flights with "L" availability for a cheap summer fare. (they are out there, you just have to look) Well, the pop-up boxes with the fare avail 'falls off' the page for the last couple flights and it's unreadable. Also, not having the plane type out in the open bothers me.
Old Jun 29, 2008, 1:43 am

Programs: UA LTG QF LTG/P1 NZ*E
My intineraries now looks rather poorly formatted but will check with some other oerating systems and browsers

Jeff
Old Jun 29, 2008, 3:03 am

Programs: UA 1K, PC Plat
Wirelessly posted (xx: Mozilla/2.0 (compatible; MSIE 3.02; Windows CE; PPC; 240x320))

I've noticed some odd behavior with fonts in e-upgrade summary recently in Firefox
Old Jun 29, 2008, 3:32 am

Programs: VX Elevate, UA 2P, SPG Gold
Don't like the new look at all. It makes it more difficult to find the information I want.
Old Jun 29, 2008, 5:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
I don't understand what is the point of making these cosmetic changes.
Old Jun 29, 2008, 5:41 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
One thing I like already...when you mouse over Flight Info, it shows the miles flown for each leg and the award miles right below.
For two different flights, one IAD to RIC on 18 to 23 JUL and one 13 to 18 AUG it shows 93 miles flown...and on both it still lists 500 miles awarded!!!
I thought the cut off date was like 15 JUL on the new 'only miles flown will be awarded rule'?
Yeah...not being naive. I am sure they haven't updated the future dates yet. But if your flight books at this mileage accrual and it prints out at this, wouldn't UA be responsible for depositing those miles into your account?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.