Wiki Posts
Search

SYD-LAX: Why so many schedule changes?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2008, 8:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, SPG/Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
SYD-LAX: Why so many schedule changes?

I've had award travel PIT-SYD vix LAX booked since last October. I understand with a departure that far out there are going to be several possible schedule changes as flights and times are adjusted.

However, in the last 3 weeks, my itinerary has changed 6 times. These aren't simple changes such as departure/arrival times moving by a few minutes. These have all been new flights and new routings. Example - Saturday I received a phone call from EasyUpdate telling me the return flight ex-SYD was canceled. I was re-routed through SFO, and after some trouble getting my transcon to IAD booked in XF, everything was fine.

This morning I just checked again and there was yet another schedule change; my return flight is again SYD-LAX. In fact, this recent switch reverted everything back to what it was pre-Saturday. For the record, my outbound PIT-IAD-LAX-SYD has not changed at all.

I'm just trying to figure out what gives; I'm sure the cutbacks and schedule changes on domestic flights have something to do with this, but the SYD flights seem to have been relatively stable. Also, I've had itineraries booked far in advance before, and none of them have fluctuated this much.

Thanks for the feedback.
Old Jun 26, 2008, 8:38 am

Programs: UA 2P, SPG Gold
What days of the week are your flights? I have an XF trip to SYD via LAX in September and I also booked the tix last October. I haven't really had any movement at all on those particular flights. My connecting flights, however, have jumped around somewhat.
Old Jun 26, 2008, 8:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, SPG/Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by NotThatTed
What days of the week are your flights? I have an XF trip to SYD via LAX in September and I also booked the tix last October. I haven't really had any movement at all on those particular flights. My connecting flights, however, have jumped around somewhat.
I'm going out on a Thursday; PIT-IAD-LAX-SYD has not changed at all.

Return is on a Saturday; times and routings, for both the domestic and overwater segments, have fluctuated quite a bit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.