Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "United Elite Status Fast Track Challenge" Thread [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "United Elite Status Fast Track Challenge" Thread [Merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2008, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ExPlat,EX-UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat,
Thank you for correction, some how my friend was lucky he got the full year, it was several years back.
Old Jun 21, 2008, 11:13 am

Programs: UA Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Actually, the status is only valid for 90 days unless you fly 50K.
No, the Premier Exec challenge is 15k miles in 90 days. Then you have the status until 2/09. If you fly 50k total by 12/31, you'll have it to 2010....
Old Jun 22, 2008, 1:28 am

Programs: UA 1P
how can i sign up for the challenge? currenty i;m a general member. will be travelling in june , SIN-MIA-SIN which should be 20k miles on UA
Old Jun 22, 2008, 1:50 am

Programs: UA, AA, WN, 7G, SPG (for now)
Call Mileage Plus Customer Service and ask nicely for a status challenge.

From what I understand, the challenges are for GMs only, so as a 3P, you can't partake.
Old Jun 22, 2008, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by psubill78
No, the Premier Exec challenge is 15k miles in 90 days. Then you have the status until 2/09. If you fly 50k total by 12/31, you'll have it to 2010....
Correct, the reason for a challenge is to give you incentive. A minimal amount of flying will gain you 1p for the remainder of the status year. 50k total will get you in until the end of the 2009 status year.

Also, while 1p can be obtained with *A member flights, the challenge typically is only UA metal.
Old Jun 22, 2008, 1:57 am

Programs: UA GM
Feb 2005 I was surpirised when I got a 2P card in the mail. A flight the previous November didn't qualify for the double-EQM that I expected so I came up short for 1P.

I called MP and asked to speak to a supervisor. I asked if I could "fast-track" to 1P status. Deal was that I would earn 25,000 EQMs by end of June and I'd get 2P status (earning half they annual requirement in half of a year). I hinted, suggested, that I might like to get to 1K status, but they didn't offer it (I didn't explicitely ask).

I had 12,500 miles by the end of February and in March got a 1P card! I don't know if that was because of the fast-track request (a quarter of the miles in a quarter of the time) or because of my sob story about accidentally being 5000 miles or so short of 1P.

By the end of June I had 50,000 EQMs (about 20,000 of that was from targeted EQM bonus offers that were made at the time). I flew another 4500 miles on UA in July but that was it for the rest of the year.

In December I discovered that I was given 1K status! When I asked about it they said it was a status match but I didn't have any status with any other airline. Maybe that was from the fast track request or maybe just an error. One of the EQM offers was to earn bonus EQMs by sending in FF statements from other airlines. Could be that (fact that I was flying other airlines) plus the 50K in 6 months with little after that made them believe I was flying 100K a year.

But I wrote all that because I like telling the story. To answer the question, I suggest just calling MP, ask for a super, and ask about getting on a fast-track. Worked for me.
Old Jun 22, 2008, 9:13 am

i tried calling and they customer service didnt allow me to go through to the supervisor
Old Jun 22, 2008, 9:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by denniskiasu
i tried calling and they customer service didnt allow me to go through to the supervisor
Call back.
Old Jun 22, 2008, 10:21 am

Programs: UA Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by denniskiasu
how can i sign up for the challenge? currenty i;m a general member. will be travelling in june , SIN-MIA-SIN which should be 20k miles on UA
Search challenge and/or status match. This topic has been discussed significantly.

Do you have status on another airline? I believe this is the only way they are allowing challenges these days.

Also - you can buy 'fast track' from United (google it) where you pay to do the challenge/status.
Old Jun 22, 2008, 11:18 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by ninja138
Call Mileage Plus Customer Service and ask nicely for a status challenge.

From what I understand, the challenges are for GMs only, so as a 3P, you can't partake.
Have any other's had this experience?
Old Jun 23, 2008, 9:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Mileage Plus Premier, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Called Customer Service...

So I called customer service and was told I would qualify for the challenge if:

#1. I held elite status on another airline
#2. Paid a fee and flew all of the miles before June 30th.

I am neither of these. From what she said there was no on-going challenge, and the current challenge required either $$ or status from another airline. Was the CSR confused?

Thanks for your input.

Also, I was on crack when I thought I saw 35 EQSs....
Old Jun 23, 2008, 11:01 am

Programs: UA former 1K MM
Originally Posted by N8Ma
Was the CSR confused?
Old Jun 26, 2008, 6:41 pm

Programs: UA GM
Originally Posted by sts603
Have any other's had this experience?
Not 3P, but I was 2P when I requested "fast-track" status.
Old Jun 26, 2008, 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by mrwunrfl
Not 3P, but I was 2P when I requested "fast-track" status.
i have been trying to call MP but they keep saying NO!!!! argh...
Old Jun 30, 2008, 7:45 pm

Programs: United 1K, HH Diamond, CBP Global Entry
how to status match on UA?

I'm an elite on US and another airline but a newbie to UA... and I want to defect to UA only if I can status match...

Thus, can anyone tell me how status matching on UA works and any tips? I had called Mileage Plus - but they are being very secretive somehow.

Particularly, how easy is it to get status matched for Premier and PremierExec and do they make us pay them anything? (or simply promise to fly X miles in next X days?)

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.