Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrades from MUC/FRA to IAD/ORD in June

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2008, 2:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA-1K, DL-nothing
Upgrades from MUC/FRA to IAD/ORD in June

I will be traveling from KBP to WAS o/a 20 June. I'm hoping to get an LH/UA routing through MUC or FRA to IAD (or BWI, probably via ORD). I will likely be on a gov't fare (YCA basis?). I have no status and about 80K miles in the bank. Can anyone give me any suggestions/prospects for my chances of blowing miles on the upgrade? Unfortunately, the ticket won't be issued until probably a week or so before I fly, which puts me in a really poor position on any upgrade waitlists.

I could be willing to shell out some cash for an upgrade at the gate, depending on how much they want for it...

Any thoughts/suggestions as to how I can optimize my chances for this trip?

Thanks, in advance.
Old Apr 5, 2008, 2:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Gold 1MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Five Star
FRA-IAD--probably UA 917 (the 747 flight) probably offers the best chance. It all depends on the day too.
Old Apr 5, 2008, 2:36 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
I've successfully upgraded FRA-ORD in the past.

FWIW, I just recently traveled on a military fare ticket and, as SATO usually doesn't buy the ticket until a few days prior to date of travel I called and asked them if they could purchase it early because I couldn't try to upgrade until the ticket was purchased.

Their response was that they normally don't buy until last minute in case there are changes but if I was certain of the date then no problem. They bought the ticket that day and I obtained the upgrade.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.