Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please tell me about the red carpet club?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2008, 7:33 pm
Original Poster

Please tell me about the red carpet club?

Hi again, Just posted earlier about having a 9 hr stop over in LAX. One of the posters wrote that I could purchase a pass into the lounge for $50. Is the lounge easy to get to? Do I just go up to the door and buy the pass? What is in the lounge i.e food and drink wise and amenities and are they free? Is there free internet access, do they have comfy seats , showers ect. I would love to know.Thanks again everyone!
Old Mar 23, 2008, 7:35 pm

Location: What I write is my opinion alone..don't read into it anything not written.
You are quite the "posting fiend" the past 5 min. Try to utilize the search function that FT is equipped with. Every thread that you have started has many threads already in existance about them.

Welcome to FT! Few have such initial enthusiasm when they aren't complaining....very refreshing.
Old Mar 23, 2008, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Unfortunately the RCC leaves much to be desired. It has very limited snacks, you have to pay for internet (at least as of now, there's an unconfirmed rumor it will be free starting next week), you have to pay for booze, and they don't have showers. You basically get soft drinks and some very light snacks as well as a more comfortable place to sit. I would recommend buying a pass to the DL CRC instead for half the price.
Old Mar 23, 2008, 7:39 pm

I don't know if this is possible, but I would actually consider one of the lounges in your arrival terminal at LAX over the RCC. I use the AC lounge quite frequently but I don't believe that you can purchase a day pass for their lounge. There may be other options to consider however.

I would put any of those lounges above the RCC. During the day, you will find snack type food ie granola bars, Twix, Cadbury bars, prepackaged cheese. Nothing very excting.

As you have 9 hours between flights, you may also want to consider a day use room at one of the many hotels around LAX. It doesn't take long to get to them via shuttle, and to me a shower and a nap would be well worth it.
Old Mar 23, 2008, 7:41 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold (MM), WN A-List, Fairmont L/T Plat, HH Diamond
Don't forget about carrots/celery & dip... my Easter dinner consisted of this thanks to IAD's RCC.
Old Mar 23, 2008, 7:46 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the replys! I want to stay in the airport, so which club would you recommend (sorry I am unsure of the abbreviations). Is there any with free drinks and food etc? Also, even though I am connecting with United, can I pay to use another airlines lounge (eg Qantas)? Any recomendations? Thanks!
Old Mar 23, 2008, 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by youngaussienurse
Thanks for the replys! I want to stay in the airport, so which club would you recommend (sorry I am unsure of the abbreviations). Is there any with free drinks and food etc? Also, even though I am connecting with United, can I pay to use another airlines lounge (eg Qantas)? Any recomendations? Thanks!
See my post in your original thread re: first class. UA = United, CO = Continental, DL = Delta. Those are the three lounges that you can access past security when flying UA.
Old Mar 23, 2008, 7:55 pm

OP, may I ask if there is a particular reason why you want to stay inside the terminals? it is really very easy at LAX to reach the nearby hotels. I can't imagine flying that long possibly in pain from surgery, then having a 9 hour layover with no shower options, then flying a redeye for another 5 hours and then having a full day potentially before being able to check into my hotel room. (That is just me, but as I grow older I value my comfort more!)

I would seriously suggest that you consider booking a hotel as a back up plan just in case - otherwise it will be a very long trip.

No matter how much nicer the AC lounge is at LAX vs the RCC, it is small and doesn't even have its own bathroom. I can't imagine spending 9 hours there - 2 hours in that terimal is more than enough for me as there is very little to do there. Moving over to UA domestic terminal isn't that much more exciting either.
Old Mar 23, 2008, 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by exbayern
I can't imagine flying that long possibly in pain from surgery, then having a 9 hour layover with no shower options, then flying a redeye for another 5 hours and then having a full day potentially before being able to check into my hotel room. (That is just me, but as I grow older I value my comfort more!)
The DL lounge has showers and is only $25.
Old Mar 23, 2008, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by alliance
The DL lounge has showers and is only $25.
Then hands down that would be my choice!
Old Mar 23, 2008, 8:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, BA Silver, Marriott Plat., Hertz Pres. Circle, Avis First
Originally Posted by exbayern
OP, may I ask if there is a particular reason why you want to stay inside the terminals? it is really very easy at LAX to reach the nearby hotels. I can't imagine flying that long possibly in pain from surgery, then having a 9 hour layover with no shower options, then flying a redeye for another 5 hours and then having a full day potentially before being able to check into my hotel room.
I agree. There are many airport hotels just a short shuttle bus ride away. I would look into a day rook at the Hilton or some other hotel and get some rest. Plus, they have restaurants, spas, etc.
Old Mar 23, 2008, 8:35 pm

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
youngaussienurse,

If you're contemplating going into the DL club, and are planning on traveling within the next sixty days, you might also want to consider the temporary NW World Club Membership. It's $85 and only last 60 days but if you're planning on traveling afterwards it'll get you into DL, CO and NW lounges.

If you just want a lounge for one time, go with a day pass.

If you're planning on at least three more visits to airport with lounges than the NW may be something you want to look into.
Old Mar 23, 2008, 8:41 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

But wouldn't you be allowed to use DL and CO lounges with that pass only if you had a boarding pass for the same airline on the same day?

Sounds to me like the DL crown room deal wins (do they still have free alcoholic beverages?).

The CO lounge has free internet though.
Old Mar 23, 2008, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
But wouldn't you be allowed to use DL and CO lounges with that pass only if you had a boarding pass for the same airline on the same day?

Sounds to me like the DL crown room deal wins (do they still have free alcoholic beverages?).

The CO lounge has free internet though.
Nope, anyone can buy a day pass.
Old Mar 23, 2008, 9:37 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
youngaussienurse, again, welcome to FT. As a UA newbie, I reccomend that you read the sticky threads at the top and do some actual research yourself instead of creating 15 different threads. The UA FAQ's thread at the top of the main United Mileage Plus page would be a good place to start...there's also a website called united.com that also has information about United Airlines.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.