Wiki Posts
Search

United Travel Voucher

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2008, 5:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
United Travel Voucher

I received in the mail today a US$200 United Travel Voucher which I may redeem on all UA flights. It was a result of filling out a token form handed out by the flight attendent during my UA flight between SIN and HKG last month. Problem was the video player was broken and overhead screen wasn't able to show any entertainment program.

I paid just about US$260 for the return tickets and I got $200 voucher for missing some carton programs on the tiny screen above my head in a very old B747 just the one way? It seems to be too much. Was I lucky or did my NZ*G status play a part?

The voucher is valid for 1 year. Now that certainly affects how I should plan my next holiday. That was a nice touch.
Old Jan 22, 2008, 5:54 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, UA 1MM Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Xiaotung
I received in the mail today a US$200 United Travel Voucher which I may redeem on all UA flights. It was a result of filling out a token form handed out by the flight attendent during my UA flight between SIN and HKG last month. Problem was the video player was broken and overhead screen wasn't able to show any entertainment program.

I paid just about US$260 for the return tickets and I got $200 voucher for missing some carton programs on the tiny screen above my head in a very old B747 just the one way? It seems to be too much. Was I lucky or did my NZ*G status play a part?

The voucher is valid for 1 year. Now that certainly affects how I should plan my next holiday. That was a nice touch.
Well, you were lucky in the sense that the flight attendant handed them out without being asked - that's pretty hit or miss. But being given a skykit (that's what the form is called) is fairly common for things like inoperable IFE. The amount sounds about typical too.

Congrats though on getting the voucher!
Old Jan 22, 2008, 6:25 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
I can't count the number of times I've been on cheap fares and recived vouchers that actually exceeded my original fare. This is with UA and a few other carriers also.
Old Jan 22, 2008, 10:02 am

Programs: *A Silver, AA Gold + Miles Scattered Everywhere.
how come when i flew HKG-SIN last july with the fam.(the inbound plane from ORD had a mechanical and was diverted) ..i got voucher's for $100 only valid for the 50 US and PR....shouldn't i have gotten a coupon that was valid like the OP for any UA flight?

did i get gypped? I mean...i'm grateful i got something to say the least, but i hardly fly UAL domestically...most of my travels involve flying to Asia.
Old Jan 22, 2008, 10:42 am

Programs: UA 1P, Starwood Gold
If you have an address outside of the US and Canada you will get a voucher that is usable worldwide. Otherwise you will always get one that is only usable in the US 50, PR, Canada, and USVI I think.

You can also call customer service which will allow you to transfer your voucher if you send it back to Chicago.
Old Jan 22, 2008, 1:02 pm

Programs: UA1K
I'm pretty sure MP status makes a difference in the amount of the voucher. A friend and I flew together from IAD to LAS last year and we both got vouchers because of broken IFE. He's a GM and got $100. I'm 1K and got $175.
Old Jan 22, 2008, 3:42 pm

Programs: *A Silver, AA Gold + Miles Scattered Everywhere.
Originally Posted by DCItalianDC
I'm pretty sure MP status makes a difference in the amount of the voucher. A friend and I flew together from IAD to LAS last year and we both got vouchers because of broken IFE. He's a GM and got $100. I'm 1K and got $175.
i'm not complaining about the amount...but where/the way that we were allowed to use them...My travels were entirely outside the US...yet i got a coupon valid for the 50 US/PR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.