Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Coach to Asia

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2008, 9:41 pm

Programs: American Express got a hit man lookin' for me
Originally Posted by IADSIN
Usually there will be a Japanese meal option and a US meal option. The Japanese meal option is usually better tasting to me.
This generally isn't how they market the food in Y, though. The FA will simply ask you "Chicken or beef?"

Last time I did a transpac in Y, the "beef" was sukiyaki (pretty good) and the "chicken" was curried (so-so). Both come with a roll, rice and a small salad with a damnear-indestructible tub of dressing.
Old Jan 20, 2008, 10:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jjgollum
Is CX a better option in economy class to Asia?

While I've done a transpac on UA in economy, it was a couple years ago when I was in college. At the time, I dont recall it being too awful.
CX is over-rated, at least in coach. The food is no better. There might have been better IFE, but that's never a factor for me. However, the extra 5-inches of leg room on UA makes a HUGE difference.
Old Jan 20, 2008, 11:03 pm

Programs: DL gold; UA - 1k; AA gold; Marriott Platinum; Hyatt Diamond; SPG gold; Groupon Falcon;
I agree with previous posts.

I did IAD-PEK with a friend. Dropped $300 for a year of E+, as we had no status then.

It totally made a difference. My buddy is tough to please, and he was not impressed with e+ - until he went to the restroom and traversed E-.

I don't think I used e+ the reat of that year, but one RT made it worthwhile. Don't know why the rest of the plane had not done the same.
Old Mar 12, 2008, 11:05 pm

Programs: Various
Coach Meals Between SFO and PVG/PEK

Can somebody that has flow this route recently post with more details about UA 889 (SFO-PEK) and UA 858 (PVG-SFO) COACH meal service. 889 states lunch, lunch and 858 states dinner, lunch. I'd like to know what the meal options might be.

Also curious to know if US offers check in on line for International flights.

Sorry I'm not a regular UA flyer, so any help would be appreciated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.