Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Lounge Options in MIA

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2008, 3:27 am
Original Poster

UA Lounge Options in MIA

Does anyone know the status of the RCC that is supposed to open in the new Miami concourse J?

Theres' no word of it on the United website, and their old RCC is closed.

I know MIA isn't a UA hub by any means but, right now, it appears like there is no RCC or star alliance lounge in the 3rd biggest airport in the US for international departures!

A 2002 press release said there'd be a huge one opened in the new terminal, but no word yet and recent FT postings confirm it isn't open:

http://www.staralliance.com/int/pres...se_english.pdf

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...miami+terminal

Many Thanks,
Brian
Old Jan 15, 2008, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AirBuffalo
A 2002 press release said there'd be a huge one opened in the new terminal, but no word yet and recent FT postings confirm it isn't open

I think that's your answer in bold...a 5 year old press release.

There definitely won't be a RCC, but possibly a *A lounge of some sort.
Old Jan 15, 2008, 7:19 am

Programs: UA 2MM
The days of a RCC in Miami are long gone.
Old Jan 15, 2008, 9:32 am

Programs: UA 1P
Star Alliance Lounce

When I flew UA out of Mia in mid-December, the counter agent said they would be opening a *A Lounge. He didn't know when, but said it was supposed to open with the new terminal.
Old Jan 15, 2008, 9:36 am
gre

Programs: UA-Plat, Marriott-Plat, AAI, AAII
How many flights a day does UA have out of MIA these days?
Old Jan 15, 2008, 10:00 am

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by dreidel
When I flew UA out of Mia in mid-December, the counter agent said they would be opening a *A Lounge. He didn't know when, but said it was supposed to open with the new terminal.
When does the new terminal open? Ill be through in late February and would like to chill out before my long Ted flight to DEN!
Old Jan 15, 2008, 11:11 am

Programs: UAL 1K, Marriott Premier
The new terminal they are referring to is J at Miami. We only have one direct flight to MIA out of IAD but next month they are adding a second.
Old Jan 15, 2008, 8:15 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by dmodemd
When does the new terminal open? Ill be through in late February and would like to chill out before my long Ted flight to DEN!
New terminal is already open, but none of the new lounges are. There will be a new Delta Crown Room Club and a new Club America lounge. I don't know if there will be a Star Alliance club, I think that Star Alliance airlines will use the Club America lounge, while SkyTeam carriers use the Delta Crown Room Club.
Old Jan 15, 2008, 10:33 pm

Programs: DL gold; UA - 1k; AA gold; Marriott Platinum; Hyatt Diamond; SPG gold; Groupon Falcon;
Originally Posted by gre
How many flights a day does UA have out of MIA these days?
IMO, UA has surrendered South Florida to AA and the discounters. I don't do their business plans, but it seems to create a colossal hole
Old Jan 16, 2008, 11:20 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the info. I guess having a RCC for 2 flights per day makes no sense except if it serves as the anchor for the 5 star alliance carriers that use the facility.

Do *G passengers have access to the club america lounge (transatlantic routing)? I can't think of an instance where *G uses a contracted lounge ...
Old Jan 17, 2008, 7:01 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Thanks for the info. I guess having a RCC for 2 flights per day makes no sense except if it serves as the anchor for the 5 star alliance carriers that use the facility.

Do *G passengers have access to the club america lounge (transatlantic routing)? I can't think of an instance where *G uses a contracted lounge ...
Six flights per day. And, as of 13FEB08, it will be 2x mainline to IAD, 2x Express to O'Hare, and 2x TED to Denver. A pathetic presence for a market so large, regardless of AA's large position in the area. And it's not as if they make up for it with more flights at FLL.
Old Jan 17, 2008, 7:12 pm

Programs: UA 1P
Originally Posted by jfhscott
IMO, UA has surrendered South Florida to AA and the discounters. I don't do their business plans, but it seems to create a colossal hole
Yah, that's what I thought also. I just had a RT to MIA from NYC, and as much as I would love to stay loyal to UA, they really had NOTHING that fit my schedule/price range. I found a perfect flight on AA for $130 RT...the only downside was the feeling of cheating on UA as I slunk into my seat at the back of the plane.
Old Jan 31, 2009, 6:39 pm

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
Any Updates on Lounge Access for a RCC/*G Member?

Originally Posted by MAH4546
New terminal is already open, but none of the new lounges are. There will be a new Delta Crown Room Club and a new Club America lounge. I don't know if there will be a Star Alliance club, I think that Star Alliance airlines will use the Club America lounge, while SkyTeam carriers use the Delta Crown Room Club.
I realize that UA is a non-entity in MIA but I was hoping that someone can clue me in on the best place to wait while at MIA
Old Jan 31, 2009, 7:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: United GS+
Originally Posted by bk3day
I realize that UA is a non-entity in MIA but I was hoping that someone can clue me in on the best place to wait while at MIA
I used my Priority Pass to use the Delta club at MIA. It was the worst club I've ever been in by far. Small, very ugly, no amenities except some coffee, tea, and crackers.
Old Jan 31, 2009, 8:29 pm

Programs: No longer loyal "over-entitled" 1K
I know MIA isn't a UA hub by any means but, right now, it appears like there is no RCC or star alliance lounge in the 3rd biggest airport in the US for international departures!
OT, but is MIA really the 3rd biggest airport in the US for Int'l departures?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.