Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Elite Reservations enhancement: Phone number recognition?? [merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2007, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Silver Medallion

I am not sure if this is something new or not, but this was a first for me.

I just called the 1P reservations line from my home phone, and instead of being prompted to enter my MP number, the computer voice automatically asked, "Is this Craig or someone calling on the behalf of Craig?"

I was totally surprised! As soon as I answered yes, I was promptly put through to an agent without having to go through the normal acct. verification.

Is this phone number recognition something new or have I just never had it work before?

Craig
Old Dec 13, 2007, 12:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MPVG
New to me. Just checked and it works for the 2P line, too! ^^
Old Dec 13, 2007, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

I'm assuming that it would work the same for all of the Elite phone numbers (and probably for GM's as well).
Old Dec 13, 2007, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
1K desk too Awesome
Old Dec 13, 2007, 1:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K; SPG Plat; Hyatt Diamond
Worked for me too this AM and I was going to post about it.

After the agent helped me re-fare a ticket (resulting in a $199.82 decrease!) I mentioned the feature and said how wonderful it was.

"I guess the system is working as it should be," she replied.
Old Dec 13, 2007, 1:07 pm

Programs: DL Gold ex DM, Marriott and Hilton Gold
I just tried as well.. Called the 1P reservations line and I got.. "Thank you for calling United.. Which would you like? Please say flight status, reservations..."

then he said... "so we can quickly determine where to take your call... please say or enter your mileage plus number.."

then.. "got it.. to verify the account..etc etc "

Do I have an outdated number?!
Old Dec 13, 2007, 1:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by xxdboixx
I just tried as well.. Called the 1P reservations line and I got.. "Thank you for calling United.. Which would you like? Please say flight status, reservations..."

then he said... "so we can quickly determine where to take your call... please say or enter your mileage plus number.."

then.. "got it.. to verify the account..etc etc "

Do I have an outdated number?!
My guess would be that they didn't have your phone number stored in the system yet. I'm willing to bet that (hopefully) if you call back (after having manually logged in) it might work for you.

Craig
Old Dec 13, 2007, 1:13 pm

no that didn't work... =(
Old Dec 13, 2007, 1:14 pm

I'm new to 2P, and just tried the number, and they called me by name and asked if my call was regarding my next flight.

I didn't go through all the menus, but will this line give me a shot at talking to an agent that's not in India?
Old Dec 13, 2007, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by drummingcraig
My guess would be that they didn't have your phone number stored in the system yet. I'm willing to bet that (hopefully) if you call back (after having manually logged in) it might work for you.

Craig
you're right!! after about 15 mins.. I tried back .. and now its working! awesome!
Old Dec 13, 2007, 2:06 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM / AS MVP Gold
AA has had this feature for a while, so it is great that United finally caught up!
Old Dec 13, 2007, 3:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Has anyone tried putting their cell phone number in their MP account, and calling from that number? Would this nice trick still work?
Old Dec 13, 2007, 4:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, lowly UA 1K; Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold; National EC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SJPaul
Has anyone tried putting their cell phone number in their MP account, and calling from that number? Would this nice trick still work?
I am wondering what happens when you call from your house and the whole family has MP accounts? I imagine that you have to enter your number still
Old Dec 13, 2007, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Yup!

Originally Posted by adambadam
I am wondering what happens when you call from your house and the whole family has MP accounts? I imagine that you have to enter your number still
Maybe it will say

Is this John (1) Jane (2) Joseph (3)...
Old Dec 13, 2007, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Just tried it with my cell number, which is the one on file, and it worked. This is great!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.