Search

Domestic Award Travel in 3 Cabin First

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2007, 1:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SQ TPPS, Star Alliance Gold
Domestic Award Travel in 3 Cabin First

Hi,

I usually use my miles to fly HNL-NRT and nearby countries, so forgive me if I don't know too much about domestic award travel.

I was wondering, if I wanted to fly HNL-SFO-IAD-BOS, in attempts to get SFO-IAD in 3-Cabin First, is that possible? I want to do a stopover on the way back (which I know IS legal) so I would have to call UA CS anyway, but would they let me choose specific flights so I can get 3 Cabin First? Of course this is given that I'm dishing out the 75,000 miles for the XF ticket.

Or rather, HNL-SFO-JFK in PS first?

Your help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Old Oct 25, 2007, 1:42 pm

75,000 miles would get your C in a 3 cabin aircraft, its 90,000 miles to get F, you can do it both online if you can get united.bomb to give you that routing. Just pick your routing and change your dates to include the stopover.

Here is the page that shows the cost http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6722,1142,00.html

I would suggest HNL-SFO-JFK

HNL-SFO in F and SFO-JFK in C 75,000
Old Oct 25, 2007, 1:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM / AA PP, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Right, costs 90,000 for hawaii-US with 3 cabin aircraft. Since you can't even get 3 cabin aircraft out of hawaii, seems like a waste to me. Best service for the miles would be HNL-LAX or SFO connecting to p.s. business class to JFK. p.s. business class is better service than you would get on say SFO-IAD on 3 cabin aircraft in business.
Old Oct 25, 2007, 2:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SQ TPPS, Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by gomike
75,000 miles would get your C in a 3 cabin aircraft, its 90,000 miles to get F, you can do it both online if you can get united.bomb to give you that routing. Just pick your routing and change your dates to include the stopover.
Thanks! How do you include a stopover on .bomb? I thought you have to call to do that?
Old Oct 25, 2007, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by localkinegrindz
Thanks! How do you include a stopover on .bomb? I thought you have to call to do that?
I just made sure the routing was correct then changed dates of flight.

First time I did that had no problem making the stopover.

Second time the agent said oh you can't do that but she did it anyway.

My advice book online, call in and change the dates, if they won't do it you can call back or cancel and rebook since you will be within 24 hours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.