Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Do London and Frankfurt RCCs have shower facilities? [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do London and Frankfurt RCCs have shower facilities? [Merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2007, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Question Do London and Frankfurt RCCs have shower facilities? [Merged]

Someone asked me this today, and regrettably, I do not know, since I've never been inside the London and Frankfurt RCCs before. I know Hong Kong's RCC has showers.

Thanks!
Old Jul 18, 2007, 9:43 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Frankfurt, yes.
Old Jul 18, 2007, 9:47 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
London, yes.
Old Jul 18, 2007, 10:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Frankfurt, yes.
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
London, yes.
Both are correct.

London also has a separate arrivals lounge land side.
Old Jul 18, 2007, 10:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks!
Old Jul 18, 2007, 10:11 pm

Location: UA 1K 3MM, UA 1P/1K since mid '80s; CO Bronze/Silver since mid 80's, Austin, Texas
Yes both LHR and FRA RCCs have showers, but in both cases it can be tricky to access them.

According to reports on this board in the past six months to a year, the FRA RCC has sometimes been restricting the showers to C and F passengers. This used to be the rule in FRA a few years ago, so they are going back to it, if the reports are correct.

A Star Gold card gets you into LH lounges (sometimes Senator, sometimes just Business). All LH lounges have pretty good shower facilities. That's where I've been getting my FRA showers recently.

The LHR RCC has only a few showers. The trick there is that if you aren't outbound in T3, you can't get access to the RCC. I've had some adventures getting a shower in the BMI lounge (not so great, ask for a towel) and the SAA lounge (fairly good shower facilities) but both of these can require some crazy long security lines because they are in other terminals.

When I'm outbound in LHR T3 and want a shower, I've used the SQ showers or the London Lounge. Just as good as the RCC and sometimes more available. Access to the other lounges is usually no problem with a Star Gold card.
Old Jul 18, 2007, 10:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

What if you have a simple RCC day pass without Star Gold status?
Old Jul 18, 2007, 10:13 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM, SPG Plat, Amex Plat, Hyatt Diamond
I have been denied access to the FRA showers multiple times after upgrading to C and was told that only paid C and F passengers have access now.

Thanks for the tip to use the LH lounge instead
Old Jul 18, 2007, 10:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by WayMaker

The LHR RCC has only a few showers. The trick there is that if you aren't outbound in T3, you can't get access to the RCC. I've had some adventures getting a shower in the BMI lounge (not so great, ask for a towel) and the SAA lounge (fairly good shower facilities) but both of these can require some crazy long security lines because they are in other terminals.
Re: SAA lounge: Yes

Regarding the BMI lounge I would STRONGLY recommend against it. There is one crappy shower in the can, if your trying to picture it think high school locker room, after a football game
Old Jul 18, 2007, 11:08 pm

Programs: UA 1P, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ryan182
Regarding the BMI lounge I would STRONGLY recommend against it. There is one crappy shower in the can, if your trying to picture it think high school locker room, after a football game
True. The BMI shower is definitely lacking. It looks like a janitor's closet inside the men's room.
Old Jul 19, 2007, 3:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

So access to an RCC worldwide should have no problems with an RCC membership, or a RCC day pass, right?
Old Jul 19, 2007, 3:41 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by UnitedSkies
So access to an RCC worldwide should have no problems with an RCC membership, or a RCC day pass, right?
In theory yes... but by the sounds of it Frankfurt restrict it to paying C/F passengers only (whether that is UA acceptable policy or not - you would probably know better than me ).
Old Jul 19, 2007, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I smell an employee who came into possession of a RCC pass...
Old Jul 19, 2007, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by worldcupfan
I have been denied access to the FRA showers multiple times after upgrading to C and was told that only paid C and F passengers have access now.
I believe the "showers" are part of the "Arrivals Suite."
Old Jul 19, 2007, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
Originally Posted by UnitedSkies
As long as you satisfy the T&C's on the back. There is likely something on there about them refusing entrance due to capacity limitations--keep that one in mind.
Originally Posted by AdamUK
In theory yes... but by the sounds of it Frankfurt restrict it to paying C/F passengers only (whether that is UA acceptable policy or not - you would probably know better than me ).
I believe they only restrict the showers to paid C/F, and give priority to F. There has never been a problem with entry--anyone who knows goes to the much nicer SEN lounges instead.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.