Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "UA Award Travel on Qatar Airways" Thread [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2007, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1M

Finally its here. Not sure how much a US-India ticket would be.

http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6722,51398,00.html
Old Sep 14, 2007, 7:58 pm

Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!
Originally Posted by UA Fan
Not sure how much a US-India ticket would be.
Good question - and what about US to all the other cool places QR flies, like the Maldives, Seychelles, Singapore, Korea, and Vietnam? Are these destinations simply unavailable for purchase with MP miles, or have they not yet worked out what they will cost?
Old Sep 15, 2007, 4:53 am

Qatar in *A

Is there any chance Qatar Airways could join Star Alliance?
Old Sep 15, 2007, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lendman
Is there any chance Qatar Airways could join Star Alliance?
i think there is.
Old Dec 14, 2007, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by UA Fan
Finally its here. Not sure how much a US-India ticket would be.

http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6722,51398,00.html

Just noticed it today while checking my mileage balance on UAL.com. I am disappointed by not seeing US to Indian subcontinet award in there. Current chart doesn't even give the option of a separate ME to the subcontinet award in case one wants to combine 2 awards even though that would make it very expensive in terms of miles spent.

No awards to the far east and australia either. I am very disappointed to say the least. I will however make a phone call to mileage plus to see if there are any options to fly QR from the US to the indian subcontinet and beyond on an award ticket.
Old Dec 14, 2007, 11:17 am

Programs: UA Premier Exec, SPG Gold
Was hoping for indo/pak awards from them as well ... anyone call yet to see if that's avail? Maybe we're in luck and they include BOM, KHI, CMB etc in "Middle East"??
Old Dec 14, 2007, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by jacksonSFO
Was hoping for indo/pak awards from them as well ... anyone call yet to see if that's avail? Maybe we're in luck and they include BOM, KHI, CMB etc in "Middle East"??

Just got off the phone with MP reservations. I specifically asked if North America to Indian Subcontinent is possible for award travel on Qatar. I told the agent about the award chart on UA website and how it says Middle East to North America. She put me on hold for a couple of minutes. Came back and told me that yes, travel to the Indian Subcontinent on that award is possible. Miles needed are same. 80, 125 and 160.

It would be interesting to see if one can call them and try to make a reservation to India, pakistan or Sri Lanka. I did not have enough miles in my account so did not ask her to check availability for me.
Old Dec 14, 2007, 5:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA-1K, Marriott-Gold, SPG-Gold, IC RA/Plat, Amtrak Select
This is great, I might want to try Qatar when I go to Dubai next month.
I have heard great things about their C and F products

Has anyone called to check availibility yet? If so how does it look?

Ben
Old Dec 14, 2007, 7:20 pm

Eqm/eqs

Does anyone know if paid flights on Qatar are eligible to earn EQM/EQS on UA?
Old Dec 14, 2007, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This is great news, and the deal in F to the Middle East isn't bad, only a 20K premium!^

The bad part, I guess, is that you can't add UA connecting flights since it's not a Star Alliance award, so you have to somehow get to the gateway, right?

Originally Posted by ilchib
I don't believe so.
Old Dec 14, 2007, 7:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by ilchib
They do not. Only Star Alliance flights earn EQM.
Old Dec 16, 2007, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Has anyone redeemed an award on QR especially in premium classes? How is the availability of award seats? Any luck combining UA flights to the gateway cities and adding a south asian sub-continent city?
Old Dec 16, 2007, 11:01 pm

Programs: UA Gold + 1MM; HHonors Gold; Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Benny8444
Has anyone called to check availibility yet? If so how does it look?

Ben
I tried to book award travel on QR from US to India last month. The process was extremely cumbersome (yes, it was only 80k miles). They took down our details and said that they would send a request to QR. I then had to call back after 12 hours to get a response on availability. If there is no availability (as was in my case), I was to then give them another set of dates and do the process again. After 2 attempts and no luck, I gave up and started looking for award availability on *A flights.

SS
Old Dec 19, 2007, 5:40 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, SPG Gold, EVA Diamond
Originally Posted by sharmaintl
I tried to book award travel on QR from US to India last month. The process was extremely cumbersome (yes, it was only 80k miles). They took down our details and said that they would send a request to QR. I then had to call back after 12 hours to get a response on availability. If there is no availability (as was in my case), I was to then give them another set of dates and do the process again. After 2 attempts and no luck, I gave up and started looking for award availability on *A flights.

SS
Good lord that sounds painful. Can you submit multiple requests at once?
Old Jan 22, 2008, 12:10 pm

Programs: TK Gold, Etihad Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold.
I submitted dozens of dates for next October and November Cdg-doh-mle. I tried in both coach and business and not a single leg of my flights came back as confirmed. The agent told me she almost never sees the request come back confirmed.

cheers,

Timo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.