Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1K/1P no longer boarding Zone 1 with US?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2007, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
1K/1P no longer boarding Zone 1 with US?

I have flown DC-NYC shuttles, DCA-South Florida and PHL-MAD often, and always managed to get Zone 1 boarding pass on US.

However, I was given Zone 3 on yesterday's FLL-DCA flight. My MP# is on the boarding pass. The M+# is no longer appears on the botton of the BP stub. It is located in the space between "From" and "To" in the middle of the BP stub.

Has US changed is boarding procedure?
Old Jul 17, 2007, 9:31 am

Programs: Various
Based on anecdotal evidence, as of last Saturday (7/14), it appears that UA 1P+ still boards in Zone 1. Hopefully your experience was just an error - I hate to see that sort of erosion of *A benefits.

(I'm basing this on when I flew PIT-RIC on US, and chatted with the man across the aisle when he asked about my flyertalk luggage tag. He said that he was 1P on UA, and he boarded in Zone 1 with me.)

Last edited by mechteach; Jul 17, 2007 at 1:06 pm Reason: Stupid typo
Old Jul 17, 2007, 9:32 am

Programs: UA GS/3MM; American EXP; Hilton Diamond; Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
I had a similar experience a couple of weeks ago and asked at the USAirways Club. Attendant blamed it on the new computer system and said to board with Zone 1 and show my 1K card....
Old Jul 17, 2007, 9:38 am

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
I have flown DC-NYC shuttles, DCA-South Florida and PHL-MAD often, and always managed to get Zone 1 boarding pass on US.

However, I was given Zone 3 on yesterday's FLL-DCA flight. My MP# is on the boarding pass. The M+# is no longer appears on the botton of the BP stub. It is located in the space between "From" and "To" in the middle of the BP stub.

Has US changed is boarding procedure?
Was your status indicated on your boarding pass? My most recent flight, at the end of June as a 2P I got my usual zone 2 boarding, and my ticket said "Premier" in big letters across the top. In fact, when I was checking in at DFW, the economy line was miles long because they were having computer problems, and I had no difficulty bypassing the line and checking in at the first class counter (just showed them my premier card). I even got a priority tag on my luggage.
Old Jul 17, 2007, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have a couple of segments in US coach next week, so I will report my experineces. I know, I feel the pain already!
Old Jul 17, 2007, 9:43 am

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
I have a couple of segments in US coach next week, so I will report my experineces. I know, I feel the pain already!
I hope you don't end up in the back of the plane surrounded by crying babies and toddlers like I did. Plus, the reduced seat pitch (30" I believe) is just awful.
Old Jul 17, 2007, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rittenhousesq
I hope you don't end up in the back of the plane surrounded by crying babies and toddlers like I did. Plus, the reduced seat pitch (30" I believe) is just awful.
Hope for an exit row, I guess? I like cheating on Ted, though... it feels good.
Old Jul 17, 2007, 10:07 am

I like cheating on Ted, though... it feels good.
I'll be flying with Ted in a couple of weeks, but I promise I won't tell him what you've been up to.
Old Jul 17, 2007, 10:42 am

Programs: UA 1K
4 segments on US last week of June and all showed zone 1 for me.
Old Jul 17, 2007, 10:44 am

Programs: UA MM, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz #1 Gold
I had ZONE 4 on my US BP once and asked the GA why as I'm a 1K / *G. She told me things are all messed up since they've started merging the HP and US systems. She let me board with ZONE 1. I don't think it's a rule change... more of a system glitch.

1Konsultant.
Old Jul 17, 2007, 10:47 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, SPG/Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
I usually fly US ALB-PIT every week and my BPs always say "STAR GOLD" and "ZONE 1" on them - maybe the system glitches are at the larger stations?
Old Jul 17, 2007, 10:57 am

Programs: UA Million Miler
Hope for an exit row, I guess? I like cheating on Ted, though... it feels good.
Yeah, until you miss that E+ seat pitch and have to endure FAs hawking credit cards (do they still do that on US?). I thought that credit card hawking was pathetic. What's next? Advertisements on the FA uniforms?
Old Jul 17, 2007, 11:03 am

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
NOT a new rule.

Just US crappy computer system. Even worse than UA!

Don't go starting panic.
Old Jul 17, 2007, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Was your status indicated on your boarding pass?
No, my status did not show up on BP, just the M+ number.
Old Jul 17, 2007, 7:51 pm

Programs: UA1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Front of the plane is not much better. Especially on those old 737's.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.