Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

The Consolidated "Lounge Access in PEK (Beijing)" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Consolidated "Lounge Access in PEK (Beijing)" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2006, 9:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

[QUOTE=Jet Yi]
Originally Posted by AADC10
Currently under construction in preparation for the 2008 Olympics are two new terminals affectionately known as the Twin Pumpkins by Beijing foreign residents due to the orange exterior color which is clearly visible as you arrive/depart from PEK.
The new terminals look pretty cool. Apparently, they will change color based on the interior/exterior temperature differential. I had assumed that they were planning on leveling the existing terminals once the new ones are complete and operational because they are on opposite sides of the field. Otherwise, transit could be nasty.
Old Mar 16, 2006, 2:32 am

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Originally Posted by tobegold
...I will be flying F on a China Eastern domestic flight from PEK so may see if I can save my invite for my E+ UA flight home the following week.
I doubt this will work. All of the lounge invitations I have received always had the date of use on them.

If you try it, let us know if it works or not.
Old Jan 4, 2007, 4:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K
Any Star Gold Lounges in PEK?

I know that there are three in PVG (as designated by the Star website, the new one which is really nice and gives airport maps) but it says that there aren't any in PEK, only contract lounges. Does this mean that as a Star Gold (1P) travelling on UA, I have no lounge access there?
Old Jan 4, 2007, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Typically, you would have access to these contracted lounges as a Star Gold. I don't have specific experience with PEK, but would like to know as well.
Old Jan 4, 2007, 5:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Scanning the Star Alliance forum, it looks like you need an invitation to the lounge, which should be provided by the airline you're flying.
Old Jan 4, 2007, 5:49 pm

Programs: UA 1p HH gold
They will give you a pass when you check in. Make sure not to lose it. It caused me a lot of trouble last time when I did

WJ
Old Jan 4, 2007, 6:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
When I was flying out of PEK in December of 2005, there were two contract lounges available, the Air China Lounge and BGS Premier Lounge (Beijing Aviation Ground Services).

I wandered into the first one, which I think was the Air China lounge. I found it to be profoundly drab and unpleasant but they were willing to return my invitation so I could seek out more pleasant surroundings. At the time, the best option was the BGS lounge, which was a little further down towards the gates, on the right side. It was nothing fancy but was much better than the Air China lounge.
Old Jan 4, 2007, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
Do a search in the *A forum for more info.

I've been to the BGS lounge a few times and its fine.
Old Jan 4, 2007, 7:03 pm

Programs: VX Gold, UA MM, SPG Plat
A Star Gold pass will not get you into any of the lounges. You need an invitation from your airline.

Others are correct: there are two lounges (plus some silly "VIP" lounges from the mobile carriers, but don't waste your time). The BGS lounge is the better lounge, although it's drab.

Hint: To get into the F lounge, hand in your invitation, walk to the right into the C lounge, then cut through the cigarette smoking room and you're in the F lounge. Nobody will notice. And there are fewer people.
Old Jan 4, 2007, 7:15 pm
Ambassador: China

Programs: UA AA CO
Talking

When I fly Y they send me to the Air China lounge. On C or F you go to another lounge down the way that's got better food and booze. It has both a C and F section. Common smoking lounge where you can divert into F from C if you desire. (Don't recall the name of the lounge, its close to gate 10)
Old Jan 4, 2007, 7:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, BA Silver, Marriott Plat., Hertz Pres. Circle, Avis First
Originally Posted by transpac-canuck
Hint: To get into the F lounge, hand in your invitation, walk to the right into the C lounge, then cut through the cigarette smoking room and you're in the F lounge. Nobody will notice. And there are fewer people.
This is a great trick! I've spent a fair amount of time in that lounge and never noticed that room, let alone that it is a passage through to the F Lounge...

Thanks!
Old Jan 4, 2007, 7:52 pm

Programs: UA 1P, HH Gold, SPG Gold
The lounge is nothing to write home about anyways... When I checked in for a UA flight, they gave me an invite, if not, just ask for it.
Old Jan 5, 2007, 1:10 am

Programs: UA-Million Miler, AA, CX, Shangri-La, Hyatt, HH, Bonvoy
The BGS lounge is much better than the same lounge Air China uses. United and the other Star Alliance make use of them. But because your United *Gold, and maybe fly another Star carrier, you can use them but depends on the individual carrier's agreement. I fly economy alot around Asia from Beijing, but still get the baggage allowance and lounge access in Beijing.

Also, all Air China flights get United mileage credit, and in the future will count towards elite status.
Old Jan 5, 2007, 1:52 am

Programs: UA 1K
Thanks for the great idea! I have a drink chit with your name on it.
Old Jan 5, 2007, 4:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fly UA MM 1K, Sleep Hyatt & IHG, Hertzer. 2022 Flyertalk Fantasy Football Champion

Really? I'll have to try that one on the next trip. Typically, I try to get as far away from "Cancer-Corner" as possible while eating my gourmet noodles

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.