Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How long for 3P nomination to take effect?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2007, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P
How long for 3P nomination to take effect?

I just received the 35K email, and would like to nominate my father to 3P status. If I wait until July 1 to nominate him, he'll have it until Feb 09. However he is flying cross country on UA July 3rd. Will he have E+ access by then?

Also, if it's not enough time, is there a confirmation page that I can print out that he could show GAs to get free E+?
Old Jun 13, 2007, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Probably not. Took my nominee about a week.
Old Jun 14, 2007, 7:16 am

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
anyone happen to know if the july 1st thing applies for status match as well? ie, if i request a status match AFTER july first, will the status (after meeting the match requirements) be in effect through 2/2009, or is it still just 2/2008?
Old Jun 14, 2007, 11:47 am

I have a related question about 3P, but I dont want to clog up the forum with a new thread so I hope its okay to ask it here.

If I am nominated to 3P status after July 1, does it last until Feb 2009?
Old Jun 14, 2007, 12:33 pm

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bizarrogir
I have a related question about 3P, but I dont want to clog up the forum with a new thread so I hope its okay to ask it here.

If I am nominated to 3P status after July 1, does it last until Feb 2009?
so i just got off the phone with an india MP rep (although her english was QUITE good). she confirmed to me that if 3P status or elite status match is requested after July 1, it will last through February 2009. It looks like there is a first and second half of year cutoff.

SO glad I saw this and didn't request the match in June as I would've lost out on an entire year of status!
Old Jun 14, 2007, 12:44 pm

Programs: A3, AA, AC, AS, DL, NH, SQ, SK, UA; BW, CP, HH, IHG, MB
Originally Posted by donutman27
I just received the 35K email, and would like to nominate my father to 3P status. If I wait until July 1 to nominate him, he'll have it until Feb 09. However he is flying cross country on UA July 3rd. Will he have E+ access by then?

Also, if it's not enough time, is there a confirmation page that I can print out that he could show GAs to get free E+?
There is a confirmation page/email, but I doubt he'd be able to get E+ with it. Regardless, I would probably nominate him on 7/1, just for that extra year.
Old Aug 28, 2007, 4:16 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.77MM, Marriott LT Plat
Gifting 3P, how long before it takes effect?

I just got my Elite Choice email today and immediately chose my reward. I also nominated my gf to 3P.

I'm wondering how long it takes for the nomination to reflect in the system. She's headed to NYC next week on business, and it'd be great if she had access to the Premier security line, etc. ^^

Has anybody done this nomination? If so, please advise on the time required.
Old Aug 28, 2007, 4:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P
I asked this same question a while back:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=703789

It took 4 days to take effect for my dad.
Old Aug 28, 2007, 4:32 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Our nominations became effective within a few days as well.
Old Aug 28, 2007, 4:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K
For my mom, MP showed it in 5-6 days I think, but it took 3-4 more to reflect throughout the system.

After .bomb showed that she was 3P, I checked and found she still could not select E+ seats, so I got her into an E+ seat in the interim by calling the 1P line and having them force a seat assignment. The 1P agent could see she was 3P though.
Old Aug 28, 2007, 4:36 pm

Thanks for the info...let's hope my nomination is as fast as yours!
Old Aug 28, 2007, 4:37 pm

Programs: UA, AA, WN; HH, MR, IHG
Perhaps someone should consolidate all of the "how long until <X> nomination takes effect" threads.... there are quite a lot of them.
Old Aug 31, 2007, 11:03 am

Just saw that it took effect today, so 3-4 days seems to be par for the course...
Old Aug 31, 2007, 11:13 am

Programs: Some good, some bad
Does anyone know what will happen if I nominate someone who is currently a 2P, but won't requal? The 2P will last until Feb-08, but will the 3P kick in after that through Feb-09?
Old Aug 31, 2007, 3:02 pm

Programs: UA, AA, WN; HH, MR, IHG
Originally Posted by stanfordhokie
Does anyone know what will happen if I nominate someone who is currently a 2P, but won't requal? The 2P will last until Feb-08, but will the 3P kick in after that through Feb-09?
That's the way it should happen, yes. There have been anecdotes about people not being able to sponsor someone who currently has 2P status, but there have been other anecdotes about it working just fine... so if I were in your place I'd try to nominate the 2P online, and if that fails, call in and try to do it over the phone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.