Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Uniteds First Class Lounges Suck

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2012, 9:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K, FPC Premier
Originally Posted by Condition One
They were also serving REAL champagne - Ruinart a few months ago!
The Ruinart (and Blanc de Blancs, at that!) is one of the highlights of the SFO IFL for me - such a surprise, esp when you end up with Vranken on board (have things since changed?). Overall, SFO IFL gets ^ from me.

Last edited by NYCSINUA; Jun 2, 2012 at 9:04 pm Reason: misread - disregard earlier comment!
Old Jun 3, 2012, 4:57 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by highflier1979
I never have complained about the food at SFO IFL ... It should not be included in this thread.
Originally Posted by weero
Threads are designed to reflect the insights, opinions, and factoids collected from several individuals, not just the one 'right' and only approved opinion.
Careful he is an EX-GS!
Old Jun 3, 2012, 10:06 am

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
I had a lovely few hours at the LAX IFL earlier in the week. Max 6 people at any given time, and the pumpkin ravioli was pretty decent. The UA folks were warm and gracious, and I didn't want for anything. Is it the LH F terminal, no. But it's silly to expect such a thing. Far way from suck IMHO.
Old Jun 3, 2012, 10:37 am

Programs: UA 1K [ex-GS],1+MM, SPG PLAT
Threads are designed to reflect the insights, opinions, and factoids collected from several individuals, not just the one 'right' and only approved opinion.
Yes sir! You have spoken and so it shall be!

Excuse me for stating my own opinion.
Old Jun 3, 2012, 12:22 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by highflier1979
Yes sir! You have spoken and so it shall be!

Excuse me for stating my own opinion.
It seriously did not sound like that. So maybe I misunderstood you?
Old Jun 3, 2012, 5:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K [ex-GS],1+MM, SPG PLAT
It seriously did not sound like that. So maybe I misunderstood you?
maybe we did miscommunicate.

This thread was started to point out UA's IFLs that "suck." IMHO, I do not think the SFO IFL sucks, and thus I do not think it should be included in this thread.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jun 4, 2012 at 5:19 pm Reason: ahem
Old Jun 4, 2012, 12:29 pm

Programs: UA1K
i used the LAX IFL last month and came away impressed with the food/beverage selection. now, this is compared to the RCC. the IAD IFL is a joke.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 12:48 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, AA Lifetime Platinum, Delta PM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by haddon90
i used the LAX IFL last month and came away impressed with the food/beverage selection. now, this is compared to the RCC. the IAD IFL is a joke.
The best thing about AA IMHO is the FL. Or as an Emerald in OW you get to use the First Class lounge of partner airlines (LHR-T5, Madrid, Pier-HKG, JFK, LAX, ORD, e.t.c). I cannot tell you how many times I have elected not to eat on the TATL flights out of LAX & JFK after spending a few hours in the FL before my flights.

Free Booze and decent meal. I don't miss UA although I still fly it 75K to 100K a year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.