Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Silver Wings Program Cancelled

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2008, 10:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Another bump - have any of those of us distinguished "lifetime" members managed to book any flights recently?

We aren't having much luck with mock bookings of international flights - getting a message of "no eligible flights" when there are clearly Q fares available.

Just curious - that "lifetime membership" was clearly referenced to the program's lifetime or even the airline's rather than ours...

Cheers,
Fredd
Old Sep 25, 2008, 1:32 pm
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
Originally Posted by Fredd
Another bump - have any of those of us distinguished "lifetime" members managed to book any flights recently? ...
sorry Fred, after several tries in the last 18 months, I completly gave up (despite my lifelong membership) trying to profit from what remains from Silver Wings.
Old Sep 25, 2008, 4:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Rudi
sorry Fred, after several tries in the last 18 months, I completly gave up (despite my lifelong membership) trying to profit from what remains from Silver Wings.
If I weren't such a dignified senior citizen I'd be thinking of trying to drum up a class-action lawsuit.

Life is too short to sweat the small stuff though, n'est-ce pas?

Schuß,
Fredd
Old Aug 7, 2011, 6:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Rudi
Rudi, I'm bumping up this old thread to make sure you and others who posted to it will be aware of the thread that dgcpaphd started today.

In summary, he is is seeking other interested "lifetime members" to work with to strive for a fair and amicable resolution with UA regarding our now useless memberships.

The thread is Helping UA meet its commitment to lifetime Silverwings members.

I will certainly be responding to him and hope others do as well. ^

Cheers,
Fredd
Old Aug 1, 2012, 1:43 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus Joined April 4th 1981
Originally Posted by Fredd
Rudi, I'm bumping up this old thread to make sure you and others who posted to it will be aware of the thread that dgcpaphd started today.

In summary, he is is seeking other interested "lifetime members" to work with to strive for a fair and amicable resolution with UA regarding our now useless memberships.

The thread is Helping UA meet its commitment to lifetime Silverwings members.

I will certainly be responding to him and hope others do as well. ^

Cheers,
Fredd
Hi Fred,

What is the latest on Silver Wings Plus - Lifetime Membership?
Old Aug 1, 2012, 5:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MisterMaui
Hi Fred,

What is the latest on Silver Wings Plus - Lifetime Membership?
Don't give up yet. We're still working on it. We'll report any developments in this more recent thread.

Cheers,
Fredd
Old Aug 2, 2012, 12:48 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
I completly gave up trying to use my (paid) lifelong Silver Wing membership for flights. Nobody at 'my' UA local office in Zürich knows how to accept vouchers and how to do such bookings.

And 'fighting' UA-USA from faraway Switzerland seems not being worth my time and money.

My simple solution was/is not to buy any UA flights anymore (and for some rare inner USA flights I use now miles/awards form my LH miles&more program). Well, my former 1-K membership level is a thing of the past - long live my now life long LH miles&more Senator-level (StarAlliance Gold) membership level ...
Old Aug 7, 2012, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
The same lawyers that running the million miler lawsuit have filed a second class action over the silverwings issue.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 1:59 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus Joined April 4th 1981
Thank you for the update. Totally disgusted with United! If anyone's counting heads, I too have a paid for Lifetime membership

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.