Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

United NRT RCC changes the shower amenities (Updated 2010) [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United NRT RCC changes the shower amenities (Updated 2010) [Merged]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2008, 9:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K; AA Gold; Hilton Gold
I was there on March 11th and I was given the choice of picking anything from the basket, or taking the whole bag (like before).

I took the bag.
Old Mar 21, 2008, 1:25 am

Programs: American Express got a hit man lookin' for me
Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
Wow, that's terrible! Considering the fact that ANA 777's are the standard nine abreast configuration, does anyone know why they are not as wide as other airlines?
I think it might have to do with the IFE: there's a controller in the armrest so the armrest has to be wider.

NH Y is all right, but has one serious drawback: as a 1P/1K, you only get about 4,000 RDMs for a transpac in cheap NH Y, compared with 15,000 RDMs for a transpac in UA's E+. (You get docked on EQMs too.) To me, the additional miles make it worth putting up with crappy food and crappier IFE on the UA flight. That said, NH's service in Y is excellent, and if mileage were not an issue I would fly them all the time.
Old Mar 21, 2008, 4:41 am

Programs: UA GM :(
Originally Posted by fly2work
Luv the new H2O stuff, only problem is eau de toilette instead of underarm deoderant. Thats just me though! My seatmate from SFO to DEN could still smell the green tea smell though so it lasts a long time!
Does anyone know where to get the green tea eau de toilette other than from the shower kit? I checked on the h2oplus site, but it doesn't seem to be available.
Old Mar 21, 2008, 4:58 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by sfvoyage
I was at the RCC at NRT a couple of days ago (in the afternoon), and instead of giving out the H2O kit, they now offer all the items in a basket for you to choose and take..
And I thought that this was a one off accident .

I really liked the complete kits, they were quite cute & useful.
Old Apr 13, 2008, 10:20 pm

no more H2O

I was at the UA RCC at NRT yesterday at 9am, and they no longer have the H2O items for guests to choose from. (Since this is early in the day, before the shower room attendant comes on duty, the front desk staff hands out the shower amenities.) She gave me a plastic bag (same as the old pre-packed kit) and a couple of baskets of stuff for me to pick and choose, and they are cheap tiny plastic pouches of shampoo, bath gel, 'milky lotion' which turns out to be the type of cosmetic facial lotion for women that many Japanese hotels stock, toothbrush and shaving kits, etc. No hand or body lotion.

I asked the staff if and when they'll revert back to H2O, and she was vague about it, saying something about their being out and they may go back to H2O in the future. Hopefully with enough negative comments from us, they will in fact go back to the better quality stuff.
Old Apr 13, 2008, 10:25 pm

It sounds like they are using the NH stuff now.
Old Apr 13, 2008, 10:37 pm

Programs: Former 1k, Lifetime UA Gold, Starwood Gold; Avis Preferred; Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by pigx5
Thank you.
I use Canon 400D and 17-40 F4L lens.
I am not professional photographer, but here are my tips:
Use Iso 400 or higher to get the clear image.
Make sure the white balance is correct.
Don't use flash.
eh..I'm still a Newbie...but How do I see these PIX? ??
Old Apr 14, 2008, 1:08 am

Programs: UA 1k, SPG/Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by alliance
As of a week ago, they still had H2O conditioner on offer - the last of the stocks I guess. The showers are still much nicer than NH's version but yes, I really miss the H2O
Old Apr 14, 2008, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Zactly. I hope this isn't a permanent change; H2O and the larger shower rooms are the best parts about the NRT RCC!
Old Apr 14, 2008, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Don't think so, UA wouldn't spend extra money on other brands, when they have a contract with H2O, they get large discount, as well as advertising H2O all over the world. Sometimes they maybe out of a certain item for a short time, but that same old H2O kit is still exist in all "Arrivals by United".
Old Apr 27, 2010, 6:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K
NRT shower kits gone?

Apologies if I missed an earlier thread on this - did a search and didn't see anything.

Anyways, I just passed through NRT yesterday and stopped in the RCC for a quick shower. Per the attendant at the shower counter, she mentioned that they had changed things and instead of handing me a kit at the counter, just offered me a tray with disposable toothbrushes/razors/shower caps and said the rest of the amenities would be in the room. In the room were 4 small 30 ml bottles - shampoo, conditioner, body wash, lotion. That was it. The brand isn't one I'm familiar with - Plegaria? Either Japanese or some other Asian brand (the bottle says made in Thailand).

It sounds like this is a permanent change - no more nifty little kits in NRT . Can anyone else confirm this?
Old Apr 27, 2010, 6:28 pm

I always found those kits to be on the wasteful side. For the most part, I just want the soap and shampoo, and the rest of the kit went into the trash.

I suspect that a large percentage of customers simply throw most of the kit away, so instead of offering the full kit, it makes sense to offer a selection so that people only take what they need/want.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 6:36 pm

True, but I rather liked those things. Great for houseguests at least . Anyways, I suspect more than a few people here will be at least somewhat upset - either from the loss of the kits or the change in toiletry brand.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
No amenity since 1-2 years ago for business/RCC

Only first class section/IFL gets the amenity kit.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 7:00 pm

Programs: CX Gold
Originally Posted by BlissWorld
No amenity since 1-2 years ago for business/RCC

Only first class section/IFL gets the amenity kit.
That's different from my experience. Just passed through NRT and visited RCC last December (not IFL), and a very nice "H2O~" toiletry kit was given. Would be sad if it is gone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.