Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

How Many Times Have You Changed The Same Itn?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How Many Times Have You Changed The Same Itn?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2007, 3:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1KMM, HH-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, Hertz 5*
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry7250/4.0.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

After changing my current DEN-IAH-DEN itinerary for the fourth time today, IAH ofc kept moving meetings, I got to thinking how often has everyone changed the same itinerary? (Luckily I am on a (A) Qup fare with no restrictions.

This trip is my record at 4 changes, my previous was 2 changes.
Old Mar 13, 2007, 3:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
My record is once (due to my own stupidity when I booked the wrong dates). And I've never even tied that record.

Actually, that only includes changes that I initiated. I didn't include any times where United changed schedules on me...

Last edited by mahasamatman; Mar 13, 2007 at 4:08 pm Reason: More info
Old Mar 13, 2007, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If award tickets count, eight here.
Old Mar 13, 2007, 4:01 pm

Once I booked a *A award ticket and made twelve changes (that I have a record of - maybe there were more).

Changes included everything from dates, airline, cabin and route.

Of course the worst part of it, and I probably shouldn't admit to this, is that I eventually had to cancel the trip
Old Mar 13, 2007, 4:07 pm

Programs: UA, AA
Thrice within three hours.

I was booked on a morning JFK-LAX flight the next day. I called and changed it to an afternoon JFK-LAX the same day. OLCI'ed on the phone and got a bite to eat. When I was on the LIE, I realized I would miss said flight so I called and got rebooked on a later JFK-LAX flight (the last one of the day), as the other earlier one was cancelled. When I was in JFK, I realized I could get home earlier (like 20 minutes, hah.) if I got on the JFK-SFO flight then connected to SFO-LAX. Called and got rebooked and got on.
Old Mar 13, 2007, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
Four times, one ticket in Feb.

First, planned on going for a long weekend in Feb to visit Mother. Then, a month before that trip, she died.

Sister asked me to come back a day earlier than planned, to help do "stuff." Changed ticket for one day earlier to help sister.

Because it was a holiday weekend, one of the attorneys was out of town for a few days, and we could not get an appt while I was there. Changed ticket to one day earlier to accomodate him.

Then, one of the accountants could not meet with us. Changed ticket to one day earlier to accomodate him.

Then my manager said......just take the whole week. Changed ticket for my own sanity.

Thank gawd for UA friends at the airport, or the change fees would ahve exceeded the ticket price.
Old Mar 13, 2007, 4:47 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
5 times for the same itinerary purchased in january for travel 4/18-5/20 for goalie-parents!

originally oak-iad-pbi/pbi-iad-oak to

oak-iad-pbi/pbi-iad-lax-oak to

oak-iad-pbi/pbi-iad-sfo to

sfo-iad-pbi/pbi-iad-sfo to

sfo-iad-pbi/fll-iad-pbi to (finally, i hope)

sfo-iad-fll/fll-iad-sfo
Old Mar 13, 2007, 11:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1KMM, HH-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by kevinsac
Four times, one ticket in Feb.

First, planned on going for a long weekend in Feb to visit Mother. Then, a month before that trip, she died.

Thank gawd for UA friends at the airport, or the change fees would ahve exceeded the ticket price.
Sorry for your loss, kevinsac. My mom passed away in Feb also. UA was
very nice and helped me re-route a trip and waived the change fees.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.