Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Call Centers - French Canadian

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2007, 9:10 am
Original Poster

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
United Call Centers - French Canadian

Does anybody know where these are directed to, I cant think that India has the Language skills, some French Call Centers cant even understand Qubecois French.
Old Feb 25, 2007, 11:00 pm

Most French-language call centers are in North Africa (e.g., Morocco).
Old Feb 25, 2007, 11:23 pm

Does UA even have a French speaking reservations line in the US? I've only ever noticed the numbers for Spanish (directed to Mexico) and Asian languages (in Hawaii, I believe). United did have a call center in Nova Scotia at one point, but I don't know if that centre still exists.

Actually, if you want a 100% chance of not getting India when you call UA reservations, just dial the Spanish or Asian languages line in the US.
Old Feb 26, 2007, 4:01 am
Original Poster

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
I am actually looking for a Call Centre that will allow me an award seat on the TG LAX-BKK service in J Class.

Seems UA are Pleased to Post miles to my UA account when I fly TG LAX-BKK-LAX, but will not let me and lots of other OP on this site use them on TG..LAX-BKK-LAX. This Policy SUCKS

Last edited by UncleDude; Feb 26, 2007 at 4:45 am
Old Feb 26, 2007, 4:25 am

Programs: VX Gold, UA MM, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by LGA_UAL
United did have a call center in Nova Scotia at one point, but I don't know if that centre still exists.
The call center is in Port Hawkesbury, Nova Scotia. However, last I heard, it's dying. The company United outsourced to (EDS: website) shut the place down the minute government tax subsidies ran out. And I mean, pretty much, *to the minute*.. it's pretty funny.

Call center opens in summer of 2001 with 5 years of tax subsidies: http://www.ecbc.ca/E/newsreleases/20010209.asp

Call center announces closure in fall 2006, 5 years later: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/nova-scotia...hawk-call.html

They only handled non-premier customer service issues, afaik. (I had a friend who worked there, and hated it.)

Now even fewer North Americans to handle your calls.

Good thing they can't outsource my job in China to India.
Old Feb 26, 2007, 7:09 am

Programs: UA
The Nova Scotia call centre is also handling AMENITI.
Old Mar 1, 2007, 8:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
I just called Air Canada and got a call center in Florida..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.