Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can't book and hold?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2007, 11:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Can't book and hold?

I've been trying to book-and-hold a flight for next week SFO-SAN, and the hold option just won't appear. The fare is definitely not a web fare or instant purchase fare. I've tried both Coach and First Class, but to no avail.

Is this a general problem, or am I alone here on this one?
Old Feb 7, 2007, 11:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
most of time when I try to book something, there is NO hold option.
Old Feb 8, 2007, 12:57 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
Ran into this problem couple days ago on the LAX-FRA fare. I wound up calling up UA to hold it; then was able to purchase it at a later time.
Old Feb 8, 2007, 1:06 am

Programs: UA1K/RCC, Avis CHM, NWA Plat, SPG Plat
I did a book and hold last night and it worked; I just purchased the ticket.
Old Feb 8, 2007, 1:09 am

Originally Posted by luv2ctheworld
Ran into this problem couple days ago on the LAX-FRA fare. I wound up calling up UA to hold it; then was able to purchase it at a later time.
I had the same problem, but found out that the hold option didn't show up when I chose SWU option. I don't know if this is the same case, tho...
Old Feb 8, 2007, 1:10 am

Programs: AA 'kettle', Marriott Gold, ICH Gld, Hertz 5*
Give it a try right now if you're still awake. I haven't been able to hold a Europe and/or Oz itin for a number of weeks and even the S fares are holdable right now, at least the R/T's (haven't tried multiple cities yet). Maybe there are ghosts in the machine

Pat
Old Feb 8, 2007, 1:12 am

Programs: UA1K/RCC, Avis CHM, NWA Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by camachinist
even the S fares are holdable right now, at least the R/T's (haven't tried multiple cities yet). Maybe there are ghosts in the machine

Pat
The fare I held last night was an S fare.
Old Feb 8, 2007, 3:25 am

Programs: UA, AA
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/hspr-H102; Blazer/4.0) 16;320x320)

Held 3 L fares today... (well, yesterday at 8 PM )
Old Feb 8, 2007, 8:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
I can hold it now. I wonder why I couldn't do it last night?
Old Feb 8, 2007, 8:49 am

Programs: MM
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
.bomb giveth and .bomb taketh away.....
Old Feb 8, 2007, 8:52 am

Programs: UA Gold MM , HH-diamond, spg gold,hertz 5 star
tried also

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
I tried to hold several of the sfo-fra fares for the july triple miles promo a couple days ago and it wouldn't let me. I noticed that it said it was an apex fare, whatever that means, I guess it was a one day fare and not holdable, I just did a dummy booking and it had the hold feature. So I had to let the sfo-fra fares go, just hoping more pop up, especially to Asia and or Oz in July.
Old Feb 8, 2007, 8:56 am

this can happen if the fare sale would end sooner than the hold to time. unless they extend the fare the following day. safer is to buy, or hold through phone agent.
Old Feb 8, 2007, 9:41 am

Programs: AA 'kettle', Marriott Gold, ICH Gld, Hertz 5*
Well, for the Oz fares I was working last night, no joy holding W or M/H fares (SWU/Miles upgrades respectively), but no problems holding S fares or Z/C/D fares for the same routings.

I would've thought the SUASPL2 fares to MEL would be instant purchase if any fare would, but there ya go.

Pat
Old Feb 8, 2007, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by row1A
I tried to hold several of the sfo-fra fares for the july triple miles promo a couple days ago and it wouldn't let me. I noticed that it said it was an apex fare, whatever that means, I guess it was a one day fare and not holdable, I just did a dummy booking and it had the hold feature. So I had to let the sfo-fra fares go, just hoping more pop up, especially to Asia and or Oz in July.
I could not the LAX-CDG fare so I ended up booking and purchasing it anyway. It still irritated me. I will now go and hunt down the hold feature.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.