Search

MVD Montevideo Lounge for UA passengers

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2006, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA
MVD Montevideo Lounge for UA passengers

Hi,

Since there is a new lounge accessible for UA passengers in MVD I wanted to make a new review thread for it.

In contrast to the awful, old Pluma lounge, UA is now using the airport VIP lounge "AeropuertosVIPClub", which is after security and passport control, on the first floor.

For access you need your boarding pass stamped by the check-in agent.

It is very nicely decorated, with 2 free internet wide-screen terminals and plasma tvs.

A few snacks are offered, such as sandwiches and desserts. Drinks consist of a soft-drinks machine, bottled beer (national brands and Corona) along with wine, spirits, hot beverages (no Yerba ) and POP Pommery Champagne (individual 200mL bottles).

It is a very nice add-on to UA offer for a cargo route such as (EZE-)MVD.
Old Dec 2, 2006, 1:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL PM
Thanks for the review. ^

I remember the old Pluna/Varig lounge being tiny and claustrophobic. Is it no longer there due to RG's financial troubles?
Old Dec 2, 2006, 2:24 pm

Programs: AC SE, BA silver
Thanks for the review ^ . I'm going to be in MVD for the first time soon, so this is very timely good news .
Old Dec 3, 2006, 9:22 am

Programs: UA GS
This is great news considering how small the Pluna lounge is; however, I remember they had great Malbec when I was in there in March!
Old Dec 3, 2006, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA
Pluna lounge is still there but the wine is also good at the new lounge with a good Tannat and European wine.
Old Dec 3, 2006, 2:51 pm

Programs: UAL 1K , HHonors Diamond
I will be passing through on December 14th, so this is awesome news! Thanks for taking the time to post a review for a lesser known UAL destination, as it's quite a nice place and country.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.