Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

How long does it take United to mail the Premier card? [Updated 2010]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2006, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

I crossed the 2P threshold on October 7, and have been waiting patiently for my 2P card to arrive in the mail.

I have 2 transcons in the next 3 weeks and would like to take the card with me. But it looks like I won't be getting the card for awhile longer.

What are your experiences on waiting for the card to be mailed?
Old Oct 19, 2006, 12:20 pm
zac

Originally Posted by maxheadway
I crossed the 2P threshold on October 7, and have been waiting patiently for my 2P card to arrive in the mail.

I have 2 transcons in the next 3 weeks and would like to take the card with me. But it looks like I won't be getting the card for awhile longer.

Mine took about 4 weeks earlier this year. The good news for you is that I have yet to need my card. Your status will print on the boarding pass.
Old Oct 19, 2006, 12:27 pm

Programs: United MP (Platinum), AS (75K), AA (GM)
I've been waiting for mine for over a year.

I didn't really complain, since as the previous poster said, you don't really need it.

Once you hit *G and you're travelling internationally on *A and need access to lounges, that's a different story.
Old Oct 19, 2006, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tj722

I didn't really complain, since as the previous poster said, you don't really need it.

Once you hit *G and you're travelling internationally on *A and need access to lounges, that's a different story.
I'll be traveling internationally next year. Let's hope I get the card by then!
Old Oct 19, 2006, 1:33 pm

Maybe they mail from India
Old Oct 19, 2006, 1:41 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
I passed 1P this past weekend, with plans to travel abroad in late November. I'll be p-od if the 1P card hasn't arrived by then. And yes, I know, others have complained too, but still. I mean really.
Old Oct 19, 2006, 1:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by maxheadway

Mine never showed up, but I placed a call to MP Support and a new one materialized within two or three weeks. I've yet to need the thing, but as others said, the 1P card is far more useful.
Old Oct 19, 2006, 1:58 pm

Programs: UA 1P, Hertz 5*, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by zac
Mine took about 4 weeks earlier this year. The good news for you is that I have yet to need my card. Your status will print on the boarding pass.

I received my package in about 3 1/2 weeks after my qualifying flight....
Old Oct 19, 2006, 2:01 pm
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They mail elite packages using USPS "Standard A" mail service. (This is known as THIRD CLASS MAIL). So, even after it is mailed, it can take up to 3 weeks to reach you.
Old Oct 19, 2006, 2:03 pm

Programs: UA
I got my 2P card about 2 weeks before I hit 1P.

My 1P card came a _lot_ quicker. About 3-4 weeks IIRC.
Old Oct 19, 2006, 2:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG
Originally Posted by tj722

I'm with you, I'm still cardless, and I've been 2P for over a year. I wonder what system they use to detect newly obtained status and mail these things out, because it's obviously not working.

The only downside to missing the welcome pack was not realizing that there was a 2P CSR line until I discovered FT.
Old Oct 19, 2006, 2:12 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by fadeforward
The only downside to missing the welcome pack was not realizing that there was a 2P CSR line until I discovered FT.
That's a shame. IMO, those numbers are key, allowing you to be connected with the ICC in record time.
Old Oct 19, 2006, 4:42 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
Achieved 2P on July 4th and I am still waiting for the card (do they send out the 2P card if your current 2P card is still valid)? I reached 1P on Oct. 1 and still haven't receive my card yet. I am hoping to get my card by late November as I have an international trip planned.
Old Oct 19, 2006, 4:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by nov11
Achieved 2P on July 4th and I am still waiting for the card (do they send out the 2P card if your current 2P card is still valid)? I reached 1P on Oct. 1 and still haven't receive my card yet. I am hoping to get my card by late November as I have an international trip planned.
When I reached 2P in January I did not get my card until April! And that was after several calls to MP CS. Funny thing is, I ended up getting two 2P card about a week apart from each other.

I reached 1P on 9/24 and 3 weeks after I called MP CS to inquire. I was informed that my card was "ordered" on 10/21 and that I should get it within 3-4 weeks. We shall see.
Old Oct 19, 2006, 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by as219
I passed 1P this past weekend, with plans to travel abroad in late November. I'll be p-od if the 1P card hasn't arrived by then. And yes, I know, others have complained too, but still. I mean really.
The *G will print on your ticket, it shouldn't be an issue regardless.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.