Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Seat recommendation? 2 passengers on 747 in Y?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2006, 4:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS 1MM, SPG Plat, Amex Plat, Hyatt Diamond

I've reviewed the 747 seating recommendations in other posts, but didn't see a recommendation for 2 passengers travelling together.

I'm seeking recommendations for 2 passengers, both with exit row access travelling together in Y? We originally booked 46 A and 46 C, but have been considering 46 B, C to avoid the bulging exit door in A.

Thoughts?
Old Oct 2, 2006, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
Upgrade to C?

I have taken the A side of the exit row and actually quite like it. I'm tall, but angling your legs is quite comfortable and allows your head to rest in between the window/seat. Also, you have the best legrest on the plane! Well, highest anyway.
Old Oct 2, 2006, 4:31 pm
Original Poster

qasr - Thanks for the quick feedback . Upgrades are waitlisted and I wanted to do some contingency planning since the outbound flight is during the holidays.

We'll plan to stick with A, C and hope the upgrades send us to the upper deck ^
Old Oct 2, 2006, 6:00 pm

I've had luck in taking my 22" carryon and lay it down so that it becomes a good footrest. Worked well, but not like the footrests upstairs!!
Had no complaints from the FAs. Of corse, it must be stowed for takeoff and landing....
Old Oct 2, 2006, 7:11 pm

Programs: UA 1P, HH Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by qasr
I have taken the A side of the exit row and actually quite like it. I'm tall, but angling your legs is quite comfortable and allows your head to rest in between the window/seat. Also, you have the best legrest on the plane! Well, highest anyway.

I used to like the A seat as well but one time a BIG person ended up in the B seat. Throughout the flight, I couldn't really angle my legs to get comfortable. Now I usually do the aisle seat.
Old Oct 2, 2006, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Looks like you have access to exit rows (meaning you're a 1K?), but if not, the last rows of the plane are rumored to be the best seats in the house for Economy, because there are only two seats on either side, for about two or three rows.
Old Oct 2, 2006, 7:15 pm

Programs: UA, AA, Marriott, National, Sixt
According to Seatguru, 46A is listed as Red, meaning it's a bad seat. 46 B and C are listed as good especially C. Only warning it lists is that people will tend to congregate in that area waiting for the lavotory. Looks like you have good seats. Enjoy your flight and Trip.
Old Oct 2, 2006, 7:26 pm

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
46A
There shouldn't be a seat at 46A, unless it's for a legless person. Even LH, notorious for the worst economy seating, don't put a seat there.

46B ^
Depending on your girth you may be squeezed between the solid armrests, but there's an ocean of legroom

46C
This must be the most buffeted aisle-seat in the plane, there's a kind of chicane in the aisle there
Old Oct 3, 2006, 11:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UnitedSkies
Looks like you have access to exit rows (meaning you're a 1K?), .
yes - I am a 1K traveling with my fiance who is a premier exec

Thank you for all the feedback. Hopefully we'll end up in 15A and 15B

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.