Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "How Long for USAir Segments to Post on UA?" Thread [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2006, 1:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: United Premier 1K

Hey Everyone,

First of all, I tried to search for this, but the words US and Air are too short for the search engine. If you can think of a search string to find this in a previous thread, I'm all ears.

Unfortunately, it looks like I may need to be on a US Air-operated transcon in the near future. About how long does it usually take for these miles to post? (Just to clarify, there is nothing HP about this flight).

Thanks!
Old Aug 25, 2006, 2:19 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, United Club, AA EP, BR, CI, CX, WN, SPG, HH, Marriott Gold, LeClub Accor PLAT
Originally Posted by boeingair
About how long does it usually take for these miles to post? (Just to clarify, there is nothing HP about this flight).
On my most recent US metal flights, outbound was on a Monday afternoon... when I checked my MP account on Thursday night, the mileage and elite bonus were there. My inbound flight was on a Sunday afternoon... when I checked the following Friday night, the mileage & elite bonus were there.

Give it about a week!
Old Aug 25, 2006, 2:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: United Premier 1K
Originally Posted by iAMreallyBORED
On my most recent US metal flights, outbound was on a Monday afternoon... when I checked my MP account on Thursday night, the mileage and elite bonus were there. My inbound flight was on a Sunday afternoon... when I checked the following Friday night, the mileage & elite bonus were there.

Give it about a week!
^ Thanks!
Old Aug 25, 2006, 2:23 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL PM
Originally Posted by boeingair
First of all, I tried to search for this, but the words US and Air are too short for the search engine. If you can think of a search string to find this in a previous thread, I'm all ears.
You could put the small words between quotation marks, e.g. "US Air".

Usually whenever fly a US flight, the miles are credited into my MP account within 3-4 days.
Old Aug 25, 2006, 6:15 am

I have had ocassions where US miles did not post, and I had to write MP. Be sure to hang on to your boarding pass stubs in case the miles do not post, because you would need to send them in as proof.
Old Aug 25, 2006, 8:36 am

Programs: Club interjet; Airbnb
I flew five US transcons under my MP# in 2005, and they all posted quickly.

That said, the advice to always keep your boarding pass stubs is sound.
Old Aug 25, 2006, 7:05 pm

Mine posted in less than a week.
Old Aug 25, 2006, 7:27 pm

Programs: UA Premier Executive
My recent USAir flight from EWR to MIA posted in 3 days. My EWR to PHX flight partially posted and I had to send in boarding passes. The portion that posted did not count towards my status and EQMs. A United rep told me the account will be sweeped and it will eventually post. The portion that did post was on former America West.

How and when you get your miles depend on if it is on original USAirways flights or former America West flights.
Old Aug 25, 2006, 7:39 pm

Programs: UA Life Gold, Marriott Life Titanium
My experience has been, an about 10 or so US Air flights, that they either post within 3-4 days (8 times) or they never do and you have to contact the MP desk and send in your boarding pass (1 time) or they see the res in the system and just credit you the segment (1 time).
Old Aug 25, 2006, 8:27 pm

I flew US BWI-PIT-BDL on Tuesday and the miles posted on Friday. That's faster than some UA flights I've taken.
Old Aug 26, 2006, 5:16 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
I flew ROC - BOS this past Monday and the miles were in my UA account on Tuesday... I flew BOS-LGA-ROC on Tuesday and they were in my account on Wednesday.

Very quickly for me... and that has always been my experience.
Old Aug 26, 2006, 5:43 am

Programs: Life IS good !!! ®
Originally Posted by wharvey
I flew ROC - BOS this past Monday and the miles were in my UA account on Tuesday... I flew BOS-LGA-ROC on Tuesday and they were in my account on Wednesday.

Very quickly for me... and that has always been my experience.
This has been my previous experience as well. However on my last US trip (last Friday), the US segments did not post overnight.

In fact they have yet to show up in my MP account, or in my SO's account either.

I'll give them another week before I mail out the original BPs and receipts for retroactive credit. This time, I'll make sure to make copies of them first.
Old Oct 28, 2006, 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by valleyankee
The portion that did post was on former America West.
As I understand it, HP miles are now counted like US miles; however, it is clear in my dealings with US reservations that they still have separate computer systems for HP flights. I flew last Sunday on HP and nothing has posted 6 days later. I'll probably just send in the boarding stubs (OLCI) to MP.
Old Mar 12, 2007, 11:07 am

MP miles on USAir - how long to post?

I flew to New Orleans in Feb.on USAir, returning Feb. 16. My MP miles have not yet posted. Is this normal? How long should I wait before I contact USAir? And, who should I contact to ask about this?

Thanks much!

Karen
Old Mar 12, 2007, 11:12 am

Location: Palo Alto. Previously, below the approaches to Rwy 19 @ DCA or 28 @ ORD
Programs: UA 1K 0.8MM, AA EXP
This is abnormal. Miles from US usually post within a week at most. Call UA Mileage Plus to sort out the issue, and be prepared to mail your boarding pass stubs as proof of your having taken the flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.