Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Special Meal Request After Upgrade Clears?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2006, 6:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Premier 1K
Red face Special Meal Request After Upgrade Clears?

I just upgraded a 752 flight for Saturday morning that will have a breakfast service. I don't really like eggs that much--is it too late for me to call in a special meal request?

Do you guys have any suggestions for a request category that would result in an eggless (but edible ) breakfast?
Old Jul 27, 2006, 6:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Anything prior to 24 hours before departure is OK - less than that is a crapshoot.

I haven't see many edible breakfasts of any type on an airline, so I don't really have any suggestions on what to try.
Old Jul 27, 2006, 6:30 pm

Special meals usually require a 24 hour advance notice, but I'd get on the horn now and book your request, just in case.

You could go for the vegan breakfast, but IIRC it is likely to pretty sparse

Edited to add: if you are on a transcon, you might be able to get the BoB complimentary -- cheese, breakfast bread, fruit, and yogurt. IT is quite filling, and I rarely can finish the whole meal
Old Jul 27, 2006, 8:40 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Unfortunately, Mr. Boeingair, United did away with those McDonald's kiddie meals featuring the cheesburger and model airplane several years ago. Sorry...
Old Jul 27, 2006, 9:44 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by boeingair
Do you guys have any suggestions for a request category that would result in an eggless (but edible ) breakfast?
If you like spicy food, you can try the Hindu meal. Otherwise, I had a decent low-fat meal in May of French Toast.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...&postcount=225

I had a vegetarian breakfast of potato hash in April that was ok.
Old Jul 27, 2006, 10:44 pm

Programs: Free Agent, Any Status is Accidental
As long as it's at least 24 hours before your flight's sceduled departure, you should be fine.
Old Jul 27, 2006, 11:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Marriott Plat, SwissBel Gold
Hindu Grinds for Breakiepoo.......

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
If you like spicy food, you can try the Hindu meal. Otherwise, I had a decent low-fat meal in May of French Toast.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...&postcount=225

I had a vegetarian breakfast of potato hash in April that was ok.
Sure thing, how about Halla food for Muslims....that will get mne a body search and rightfully so!
Old Jul 27, 2006, 11:22 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
As I always say - bring your own food if you're that particular about what you want to eat You should call UA and ask them what the options are available to you.
Old Jul 28, 2006, 12:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: United Premier 1K
Originally Posted by iluv2fly
Unfortunately, Mr. Boeingair, United did away with those McDonald's kiddie meals featuring the cheesburger and model airplane several years ago. Sorry...
Aww darn. And I had been practicing my airplane noises too...

Originally Posted by ldsant
As I always say - bring your own food if you're that particular about what you want to eat
Well--you know I'm particular, so that's very sound advice.

FlyinHawaiian--Thanks for the french toast tip--that's just what I was hoping for. I called in and asked for a low fat meal--we'll see what it ends up being.

Thanks everyone! ^
Old Jul 28, 2006, 12:34 am
tjl

Programs: AS,WN,UA,B6,hotels
Originally Posted by boeingair
Back when airlines regularly served meals, fruit plates tended to show up at breakfast for those who selected vegan, low fat, low-calorie, or no-lactose meals, usually much to the envy of others who got the regular meals. There may have even been a "fruit plate" choice in the special meal selection.
Old Jul 28, 2006, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
Otherwise, I had a decent low-fat meal in May of French Toast.
French toast sounds delicious! How long of a flight was this on?
Old Jul 28, 2006, 6:13 am

Programs: UA1K MM, BA Gold, Hyatt LT Globalist, Bonvoy LTE, IHG Diam, HH Gold, Amtrak Sel Exec
I often pre-order the FPML (Fruit Plate) on transcons in F. Usually pretty good, comes with yogurt and/or cereal, and if you need more, you can always take something from the bread basket. It's unlikely that Hindu meal will actually be spicy (or even remotely Indian) on domestic breakfast flight.
Old Jul 28, 2006, 6:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
I've gotten really good breakfast meals when I requested Kosher food (I don't eat the breakfast meats) - french toast was the usual out of IAD and I had an omelette from SFO. I'm not sure how you can make French toast low fat with the eggs and bread, I'll need to try that one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.