Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

OLCI "We were not able to process your standby request."

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2006, 11:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K

I was checking in online yesterday for today's flight, and when I tried to stand by for an earlier flight, got a message in red letters:
"We were not able to process your standby request."
and couldn't get it to accept my request.
This is after OLCI gave me a list of earlier flights I can stand by on, me selecting appropriate flight, OLCI showing the standby flight as selected, and me pressing the complete checkin button.(or whatever button I press to proceed)

Has anyone had this happen to them?

It might be because I requested standby twice, as I asked my girlfriend over the phone to check in for me and then later when I went to print the boarding documents I requested standby again just to make sure. For a properly set up system this shouldn't cause problems, but with united.com you never know..

Last edited by paulwlee; Jul 7, 2006 at 11:33 am
Old Jul 7, 2006, 11:40 am

Programs: United Premier 1K
Originally Posted by paulwlee
It might be because I requested standby twice, as I asked my girlfriend over the phone to check in for me and then later when I went to print the boarding documents I requested standby again just to make sure.
I got this same error message last week as well--and I also accidentally requested the standby twice. However, the request seemed to work, as when I went to visit the GA of the flight I wanted, they said I was already on the DM list.
Old Jul 7, 2006, 11:50 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
At least you got Mr. Chicken Online to offer you even slightly meaningful standby options... he usually either doesn't show any for me or else shows ridiculous ones that won't work, and I just go to the gate to make the requests as usual.
Old Jul 7, 2006, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
Ended up requesting standby at the gate.
Not sure whether I ended up on the standby list in spite of the error message, and in retrospect should have asked the gate agent, in case it happens again next time.

Now sitting in that plane. Was initially happy as I had the whole row to myself (and luckily business class was full so I didn't use my upgrade certs which was a good thing in such a situation) but there's an oil leak in one of the engines so we're sitting waiting for the outcome of the inspection. (30 min delay so far..)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.