Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

IAD Elite Security Line coming July 18th, 2006!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IAD Elite Security Line coming July 18th, 2006!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2006, 2:19 pm

Programs: UAL 1K MM
Originally Posted by nmenaker
It will STILL be the slowest security line in the western hemisphere, but a step forward no less
As long as they don't do what's now in place at DCA (DC National). There is now an elite sign at the head of the current lines but what you are expected to do is dip under the barrier and essentially cut in line. I've never seen anyone do it nor have I been inclined to try it myself.
Old Jul 10, 2006, 2:32 pm

Programs: UA former 1K MM
As of today (July 10) it had not been implemented yet, although a TSA functionary said he heard it was supposed to be opening today. He said there will be a sign at the beginning of the three lines, indicating that one of them is for elites.
Old Jul 10, 2006, 2:54 pm

Programs: United 0, HH Gold
Got a flight tomorrow at 2:40 pm... I'll try and report from the RCC.
Old Jul 10, 2006, 6:53 pm

Programs: UA1P, HH Gold
Still no definitive word, I'm assuming, on what kind of elites the line will actually be for?
Old Jul 10, 2006, 9:43 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I'll be there at 8 tomorrow and report back later in the day.
Old Jul 11, 2006, 1:12 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
No sign of anything tonight and the TSA 'professionals' had no clue what I was talking about...
Old Jul 11, 2006, 4:11 am

Programs: Free Agent, Any Status is Accidental
Today's the big day

Semi-unfourtunately I'll be flying through ORD today, but somebody IAD-originating let us know what's going on.
Old Jul 11, 2006, 4:52 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

I arrive at IAD later today and will take a moment to look around as I exit the airport. Any changes and I'll post when I get home an hour later.
Old Jul 11, 2006, 5:27 am

Programs: Some good, some bad
Originally Posted by dmodemd
Heh... thats one... now what to do about the beltway!?
No beltway for me - Route 50 to 28, 12 minutes. The security line was my only variable in the equation!
Old Jul 11, 2006, 12:20 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Was on UA 846 (IAD to LGA) this morning. As I entered security, I queried about the new 'Elite' security line. I was told 'There is none. Everyone but Crew goes through the same line'. This was, of course, info given to me by one of the many college students that assist TSA guiding the lines at Dulles.
Not wanting to accept that answer, I looked around for it, but found nothing. If it's there, MWAA are doing a bang up job of hiding it from public view. Anyone else have something contrary (hopefully) to report.
Old Jul 11, 2006, 2:48 pm

Programs: AA, Marriott, Hilton
It's possible that it's in effect and the TSA on morning duty didn't get the memo. However, no sign of this update on the TSA website (maybe it won't make it there)

Last edited by hotstepper; Jul 12, 2006 at 2:31 pm
Old Jul 11, 2006, 3:54 pm

I did not see any indication of an elite line when I came up the steps by the easy chickens this afternoon. I went to the 1K line and a CSR was curious enough to walk up to the security line with me and ask "what was going on with the elite lines"?

We told they were not able to get it together today, perhaps at the end of the week. A likely story. I was excited but now I'll believe it when I see it.
Old Jul 11, 2006, 3:56 pm

Programs: All the regulars for an American. Retired now so peon on all of them
From the 1K website:

The opening of the new elite security lanes at Washington Dulles has been temporarily delayed. We will bring you more information as it becomes available.
Old Jul 11, 2006, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Originally Posted by deckman
From the 1K website:

The opening of the new elite security lanes at Washington Dulles has been temporarily delayed. We will bring you more information as it becomes available.
LOL - leave it to dulles !!
Old Jul 11, 2006, 5:41 pm

Programs: United 0, HH Gold
Yep ... the gate agent at 1K checkin told me that United was ready to go, but the other airlines couldn't get their information to TSA as to whom exactly counts as an "elite." I asked if Golds counted for United, but she wasn't sure. IAD rules.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.