Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Narita RCC WiFi

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2006, 6:06 am

Programs: WWMFD
Originally Posted by Savage25
True...no windows in the ANA C lounge was a big downside. I suppose the ANA F lounge would have windows since its upstairs (on the same level as the UA IFL I think).

ANA F lounge ROCKS.
Old Jun 28, 2006, 6:36 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Gold
I had a long layover in NRT about two weeks ago. Flew into NRT about 9AM and went to the ANA lounge. It was pretty nice, but the food selection was not that much better than the RCC.

I logged into the WiFi there. It was very slow and I actually dropped the signal a couple of times. At 11:00 I walked over to the RCC because I still needed to get my ticket for my flight back to ORD. I logged into RCC's WiFi and did not have any problems for the 3 hours I was waiting for my flight.
Old Jun 29, 2006, 4:02 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion, United 1mm, AA 1mm
problems came back again today. sigh...in RCC for 2 hours, only able to use for about 20 minutes.
Old Jun 29, 2006, 5:51 pm

Programs: UA Gold; 1MM; Marriot Lifetime Platinum
Speaking of those Japanese beer machines, does anyone have any idea how I might go about purchasing one? I've jotted down a manufacturer and Googled until I'm Googled out, to no avail......
Old Jun 30, 2006, 11:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA*G, UA 1MM
Originally Posted by fumanku
problems came back again today. sigh...in RCC for 2 hours, only able to use for about 20 minutes.
I am in the RCC again now. Connection is rock solid and fast. Have been connected for two hours without any problems!

Now if someone could just do something about all the screaming babies and small children running around (there are two crying babies and at least three groups of kids runnign around at the moment). If I wanted to hear this ruckus, I could forgo the membership fee and sit out by the gate...
Old Jul 1, 2006, 4:19 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by fumanku
How much beer can you drink? I would have thought using the beer machine for 20 minutes would be more than enough.

Yesterday I transited through NRT and since my flight from SFO was an hour late arriving, I didn't have time to enter the RCC. But I did stop in the hallway in front and open my laptop and in less than two minutes had uploaded and downloaded email; nice strong and fast wifi signal.
Old Jul 1, 2006, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
Originally Posted by woodway
If I wanted to hear this ruckus, I could forgo the membership fee and sit out by the gate...
Or simply forgo the membership fee and get in by virtue of your *G status!!!
Old Jul 1, 2006, 10:05 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AS MVPG, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Savage25
True...no windows in the ANA C lounge was a big downside. I suppose the ANA F lounge would have windows since its upstairs (on the same level as the UA IFL I think).

I used the wireless in the ANA lounge and did notice that it was slow to resolve any new website domain one went to, but once there, navigation within that domain was extremely quick. Did not have any connection timeouts in the 2 hours that I was online.
Yes, the ANA F lounge does have windows. It's actually quite nice, and was much closer to my NRT-TPE flight than the UA RCC.

In addition to wireless, the ANA F lounge also has ethernet and power ports at pretty much each of the seats, as well as a small area in the back with a bunch of computers setup for general use. Though I couldn't figure out how to set the input mechanism to english

FYI: the computers in the lounge also allow access to their "wireless TV" service, so you can watch whatever channel you want on one of the computers. Very cool stuff!
Old Jul 1, 2006, 12:49 pm

Programs: TK/QR Gold, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, Avis/Hertz PC
Originally Posted by seadan
In addition to wireless, the ANA F lounge also has ethernet and power ports at pretty much each of the seats, as well as a small area in the back with a bunch of computers setup for general use. Though I couldn't figure out how to set the input mechanism to english

FYI: the computers in the lounge also allow access to their "wireless TV" service, so you can watch whatever channel you want on one of the computers. Very cool stuff!
The C lounge has all that too
Old Jul 1, 2006, 9:12 pm

Programs: UA MP
Originally Posted by Fisk
I had a long layover in NRT about two weeks ago. Flew into NRT about 9AM and went to the ANA lounge. It was pretty nice, but the food selection was not that much better than the RCC.

I logged into the WiFi there. It was very slow and I actually dropped the signal a couple of times. At 11:00 I walked over to the RCC because I still needed to get my ticket for my flight back to ORD. I logged into RCC's WiFi and did not have any problems for the 3 hours I was waiting for my flight.
I was also there two weeks ago. My wireless connection was solid?? The setting is good each seat has a wall plug and an internet port close by, the service is also great, they actually comes to your table asked what you want and bring it to your table. If you take 881 to TPE it is outside of secrity checkin pont take elevator up. The ANA location is closer to the gate than RCC.
Old Jul 10, 2006, 1:49 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Last time I was in the RCC in Narita, I found that I could not use VOIP (specifically, Yahoo messenger voice or Webphone). Seemed to be blocked. Do anyone know if this is still the case? What about the ANA C lounge near gate 42?
Old Jul 10, 2006, 3:06 am

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Yup, they used to have one of the ports blocked -- also affected some email clients such as Eudora that employ certificates for authentication. The solution is to launch a VPN, then all is well and everything works.

Originally Posted by BangkokTraveler
Last time I was in the RCC in Narita, I found that I could not use VOIP (specifically, Yahoo messenger voice or Webphone). Seemed to be blocked. Do anyone know if this is still the case? What about the ANA C lounge near gate 42?
Old Jul 10, 2006, 11:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BangkokTraveler
FWIW, previously at the NRT RCC (WiFi) my email client (Outlook) could receive mail but not send it. Last week at the NRT RCC I was able to both send and receive email; the connection seemed to be noticeably better than in previous trips. At the NH *Gold lounge (business class, level 2, near gate 42) I was able to both send and receive email. I used the wired ethernet (I carry a cable), connections for which are offered from the white corner tables throughout the lounge. A great lounge by the way, check out the sake bar!
Old Jul 11, 2006, 2:49 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by transpac
At the NH *Gold lounge (business class, level 2, near gate 42) I was able to both send and receive email. I used the wired ethernet (I carry a cable), connections for which are offered from the white corner tables throughout the lounge. A great lounge by the way, check out the sake bar!
I was in this ANA lounge earlier today. On level down near gate 42. A great "working" lounge. Lots of open desks and wired Internet connection. I was actually unable to connect to their wireless network but the wired is great. And there are a few computers there too. Fairly empty at 4pm. Noodles, shower, Internet, what more can you ask for.

My VOIP did not work here.

Actually, when I entered the lounge (I was UA business class and *Gold) the agent said "you need to use the United Red Carpet Club". I didn't feel like arguing with her so I just said I was meeting someone here. She gave me no further questions. My guess is that they tell people this to discourage them from entering, even through it is a *Gold lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.