Wiki Posts
Search

NC waitlist data point

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2006, 6:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
NC waitlist data point

I'm traveling LHR-SFO with my fiancee in a few weeks. We're on separate PNRs.

Me: 1K, H fare, upgrading with miles from my account
Fiancee: 2P, B fare, upgrading with miles from her account

Her upgrade was requested first over the phone. My upgrade was then requested online. My upgrade just cleared and she is still waitlisted. I didn't make any requests to be on the PA waitlist. (In fact I purposely requested her upgrade first because I wanted hers to clear first so it would be my 1K status on the DM list if only one upgrade cleared before the day of departure.)

So it appears requesting an upgrade online as a 1K using miles put me on the PA waitlist.
Old Jun 17, 2006, 6:43 pm

Programs: UA GS/1K/MM, VA Gold, DL Gold
You don't know if your fiance was on the PA or PB list do you?
Your assumption is that you cleared first as you were on PA and she was on PB.

Another possibility is that you were both on PB (or less likely both on PA), but that it sorts by status.
Old Jun 17, 2006, 7:10 pm
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wimpypipsqueak
Another possibility is that you were both on PB (or less likely both on PA), but that it sorts by status.
That was my thought...

I have had very bad luck clearing GM's on CR1's even with requests far in advance (and I'm not talking about 319 transcons), so my most recent thought is that the PA list is sorting by status, not FIFO. All I have, though, is anacdotal evidence.
Old Jun 17, 2006, 10:05 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by BayAreaPilot
I'm traveling LHR-SFO with my fiancee in a few weeks. We're on separate PNRs.

Me: 1K, H fare, upgrading with miles from my account
Fiancee: 2P, B fare, upgrading with miles from her account

Her upgrade was requested first over the phone. My upgrade was then requested online. My upgrade just cleared and she is still waitlisted. I didn't make any requests to be on the PA waitlist. (In fact I purposely requested her upgrade first because I wanted hers to clear first so it would be my 1K status on the DM list if only one upgrade cleared before the day of departure.)

So it appears requesting an upgrade online as a 1K using miles put me on the PA waitlist.
fwiw, i'm also lhr-sfo (ua931, july 6) and also w/l'ed as well. booked the tix may, 2nd sfo-iad-cdg-lhr-sfo.

upgrade status as follows:
sfo-iad: cleared at booking
iad-cdg: cleared on may, 28th
lhr-sfo: waitlisted and per my call to reservations yesterday, there are 6 on the w/l and 3 are 1k's (w/one a 1kmm), coach is oversold by 4 and there are still 16 revenue seats in c and "a few in f" left to sell so i think i'm in good shape-tho i think it will clear day of departure (and also fwiw, when i booked and was put on the w/l, i was told i was the only one the w/l [or as the agent said, i am the w/l] so hopefully the time added to the w/l works in my favor as well).

[sigh] i was hoping for a bump on the way home but based on the numbers, (F4 C9 D9 Y0 B0 M0 H0 Q0 V0 W0 S0 T0 K0 L0 G0 P4 A3 Z8 E0 U0), i'm just not sure or am i having a "bald moment".

oh, and btw, mazel tov on being "a-fianced"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.