Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Ted in SFO->LAX market or; more likely, united.com anomaly???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2006, 1:31 pm
Senior Moderator
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.

This reference to TED in the SFO->LAX flight lists for May on united.com caught my eye:

"United Airlines 1250
(Operated by United For Ted)
Airbus A319
Flight Details
SFO 10:50 am
LAX 12:18 pm
Stops: 0

Meet Ted"
-------------
Note the inconsistencies: flight # outside of Ted range; non-Ted equipment and the "flight details" show F seats bookable as would be the case for a(ny) 319. Don't know whether this is really a "Ted-heading" a/c being run thru SFO->LAX, an anomaly, or a case of TED just bursting to crack open the hub-to-hub market potential or new a/c types???? R-a-r-r-r-r-r.
Old Apr 13, 2006, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
Sounds like a united.com snafu. Business as usual.
Old Apr 13, 2006, 3:20 pm

Programs: NorthSails® | Starboard | ION
Originally Posted by qasr
Sounds like a united.com snafu...
I'd agree with this. .bomb in action
Old Apr 13, 2006, 3:50 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
I was in Denver 10 days ago and I noticed on the departure monitors that two of the outbound flights to SFO actually said TED. I thought that was odd.. but maybe that is business as usual these days?
Old Apr 13, 2006, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
Originally Posted by SEA1K4EVR
I was in Denver 10 days ago and I noticed on the departure monitors that two of the outbound flights to SFO actually said TED. I thought that was odd.. but maybe that is business as usual these days?
Maybe have been through flights stopping in LAS/PHX?
Old Apr 13, 2006, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by SEA1K4EVR
i noticed this too. It looked like they were headed direct to SFO though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.