Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A bad review of Ted in the Washington Post

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2006, 10:56 pm

Here is the reply I got from [email protected]

It barely touched on the truly bizarre behavior of the flight attendent, and completely ignored the purser refusing to identify himself or the FA. It also ignored all of the problems that led to the incident in the first place.

Well, I didn't expect anything more than a useless and intelligence-insulting form letter from customervoice anyhow. It's traditional for all customer "service" organizations to ignore the "heart and soul" of customer complaints, and focus on the most insignificant aspects.

Dear Mr. Naka_1K,

Thank you for contacting us. We appreciate the opportunity to respond.

Your experience concerns me because the heart and soul of United are thousands of dedicated and professional employees working to make your travel experience enjoyable. But, you report that one of the flight attendant let you down. I have sent your comments to concerned department, will work to ensure the situation you describe does not happen again.

We appreciate this opportunity to respond and look forward to serving you.

Regards,

XXXXXXXXXX
United Airlines Customer Relations
Old Apr 12, 2006, 12:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Jet Yi
2. The only "security" issue involved with the FA behavior detailed by the OP is "job security". Actually employees (including pilots and FAs) are required by UA policy to provide their first name and domicile if queried. You may also request to see their United ID.
Thanks for this and the other advice. Just in case I ever have to use it, I'm curious how you know this and whether there is a source more specific than "UA policy" to cite. I don't doubt your knowledge of this, but if the situation arises it would be good to have something more specific to refer to.
Old Apr 12, 2006, 1:05 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, UA 1K (2MM)
Originally Posted by AdamUK
Great point - but where do you draw the line? Alcoholic freebies if FA bumps into someone? Employees should be allowed to use their discretion but for £££/$$$ sake have limits.
While I am lucky enough to have NEVER flown TED, nor will I, I do know that they are allowed to comp 3 alcoholic drinks per flight, as per a 1K friend that flies it alot.. but he also said that generally those drinks tend to disappear into their bags as he's seen them do on a few occasions.

I myself will agree with the poster that I will not subject myself to sub-par service and fly TED, I'll switch airlines before I end up in a TED city.
Old Apr 12, 2006, 1:07 am
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
And we care about the opinion of bloggers, why?
Old Apr 12, 2006, 2:13 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by cur
And we care about the opinion of bloggers, why?
Amen. Granted, I am a lowly 2P with United, but I have to say that I have not experienced too many bad experiences on Ted. Granted, Ted was better when they and UA used to at least offer fresh BoB food, but it still suffices. Ted is just as untolerable as UA Mainline in E class now, and is becoming even more like Mainline. Funny thing is that you can actually buy Snackboxes on flights over 2.5 hours (not that I would ever think of doing such a thing -- those things are blood awful!) whereas it's 3.5 hours on Mainline. From what I understand, Ted has switched over to XM Radio, like UA Mainline for its IFE. Further narrowing the difference between "Ted" and United Mainline.

And, when the FAs were up for it, I have always gotten lemonade!

Ted give you lemonade! United Not! RAR!!!
Old Apr 12, 2006, 3:58 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by naka_1k
Here is the reply I got from [email protected]

It barely touched on the truly bizarre behavior of the flight attendent, and completely ignored the purser refusing to identify himself or the FA. It also ignored all of the problems that led to the incident in the first place.

Well, I didn't expect anything more than a useless and intelligence-insulting form letter from customervoice anyhow. It's traditional for all customer "service" organizations to ignore the "heart and soul" of customer complaints, and focus on the most insignificant aspects.
That would be Standard Paragraph 24Z - Bad flight attendant.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.