Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Red Carpet Club Access Questions" Thread [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Red Carpet Club Access Questions" Thread [Merged]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2010, 12:05 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
1) No
2) domestic travel No, international travel Yes
3) all but UA RCC, CO PC and US AC (unless international travel)
As you quoted, this is the key statement
Continental, United, and US Airways Star Alliance Gold customers may only access the Presidents Club, Red Carpet Club and US Airways Clubs within the U.S. when travelling in conjunction with a Star Alliance international flight.
a good resource is http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ad-merged.html
Old Apr 29, 2010, 7:20 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
Can I access a CO Presidents club (in LAX, say), with a RCC card if I am not flying on CO that day?
Old Apr 29, 2010, 8:16 am
In memoriam

Programs: UA, US, AS, Marriott, Radisson, Hilton
Originally Posted by Kurt
Can I access a CO Presidents club (in LAX, say), with a RCC card if I am not flying on CO that day?
I have consistently been able to do so.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 9:41 am

Programs: OZ Diamond Plus, BD Gold, SPG Platinum
RCC in MSP

I tried to gain access to the relatively newer MSP RCC this morning as a BD * Gold holding US and LX Boarding Passes in F, and the following exchange happened:

At first, I was told that the RCC is only for United, and I need to be on United to use it even I am flying international F with other * carriers. Then, I pointed out that I am also a * Gold, and I should be able to use the RCC as a * Gold.

She then told me that LX is not a part of * Alliance and flying with LX F will not gain me access to RCC. Also, she said something along the line that some US flights are not * flights, and I pointed out to her that those are US mainline flights.

I was extremely confused at that point by her statements, but she did let me use the lounge since it was "not busy."

After all of these, to be credit, she did try to read something off a piece of paper on the counter, and she called several people regarding * Gold admission policy. She was also very polite and professional throughout. I think she just doesn't know the admission policy, and clearly lacked of training on the matter.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Since she was polite and not rude, I'd give her some time for learning, but really - she totally missed the boat on 90% of that exchange ... is there a podium outside where all the *Alliance partners are listed as there are at most clubs? You could have pointed at the little SWISS nameplate and said ... see that?
Old May 1, 2010, 4:21 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond Plus, BD Gold, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by GoingAway
Since she was polite and not rude, I'd give her some time for learning, but really - she totally missed the boat on 90% of that exchange ... is there a podium outside where all the *Alliance partners are listed as there are at most clubs? You could have pointed at the little SWISS nameplate and said ... see that?
There was a complete list of airlines in front of her at her desk!!! She did looked at the computer for the longest time and got back to me with the statement "SWISS is not * alliance airlines." haahaa.
Old May 6, 2010, 7:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Platinum, Alaksa MVP 75K, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
RCC Access

Hi everyone,

pardon if this has been posted before. I tried to do a search but nothing definitive popped up that answered my question...and I'm still a newbie.

I'm flying EWR-ORD-OGG and back in July in United (domestic) First. Will I be able to use the RCC in EWR and ORD since I'm flying in First or would I have to buy a daypass?

Also, if anyone can tell me what I can expect from United First (service, food, experience) especially on the ORD-OGG (772) long haul, I'd appreciate it. I've flown United First and Business before but it's always been on p.s. flights which makes that a bit different.

Thanks in advance!
Old May 7, 2010, 12:07 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by weirdlyndon
I'm flying EWR-ORD-OGG and back in July in United (domestic) First. Will I be able to use the RCC in EWR and ORD since I'm flying in First or would I have to buy a daypass? ..
sorry, domestic FC (paid or upgraded) does not have RCC access
Old May 7, 2010, 5:15 am

Programs: UA Gold
May I use the RCCs with a F ticket?

I will be traveling on a paid F ticket. My husband will have a F ticket I bought with miles. Will we be able to use the RCC clubs in DEN, LAX, SFO and ORD? How about a *A club in ATL? Is there any club available in ATL? Thanks.
Old May 7, 2010, 5:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
Originally Posted by Sunny_Island
I will be traveling on a paid F ticket. My husband will have a F ticket I bought with miles.
If you are travelling ONLY domestically and do NOT have a *G card from a non-US based carrier, the simple answer to your question is no.
Will we be able to use the RCC clubs in DEN, LAX, SFO and ORD?
See above.
How about a *A club in ATL? Is there any club available in ATL? Thanks.
I don't know about *A, but you wouldn't be able to use a RCC in ATL in any event. Someone more knowledgeable about ATL will chime in here soon, no doubt!

Dave
Old May 7, 2010, 5:18 am

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
I will be traveling on a paid F ticket. My husband will have a F ticket I bought with miles. Will we be able to use the RCC clubs in DEN, LAX, SFO and ORD? How about a *A club in ATL? Is there any club available in ATL? Thanks.
In general, no, you need a membership. Other ways to get entry:
  • Be sponsored by a member (a member can bring in a guest)
  • Be traveling on a same-day international premium class ticket (business, first)
  • Have a Star Alliance Gold card from an international partner
  • Belong to Continental Airlines Presidents Club
  • Pay the one-time entry fee
Old May 7, 2010, 5:24 am

Programs: UA Gold
I was afraid of that. Oh well.
Old May 7, 2010, 5:25 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL , IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold - 2009 FT Fantasy Football Champion
Pay the one-time entry fee

Before paying the entry fee (if you intend to) check and see what other lounges may be available to you (same terminal).
Soem of the other airline lounges have free drinks and better snacks.
Also AA has a day pass good for an entrie day vs. RCC one time entry pass.
Old May 7, 2010, 5:41 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
The only RCC you have access too for a domestic first ticket is if it is a PS route between sfo/lax and jfk.

Thus it is only good for those airports as well. That assumes a no status passenger nor star gold with another star carrier.
Old May 7, 2010, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
Originally Posted by weirdlyndon
Will I be able to use the RCC in EWR and ORD since I'm flying in First or would I have to buy a daypass?
RCC doesn't sell "daypasses" unlike AA. They sell ONE TIME passes, with no guest access so you'd have to buy one for you and one for any travelling companion in both EWR and ORD if you wanted access.

Dave

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.