Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Red Carpet Club Access Questions" Thread [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Red Carpet Club Access Questions" Thread [Merged]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2010, 11:14 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Canada to USA is considered an international itinerary for the purpose of RCC access (but not drink chits).
Old Feb 27, 2010, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Canada to USA is considered an international itinerary for the purpose of RCC access (but not drink chits).
I do understand that. The thing I wasn't sure about was if being on an inbound from Canada in F would grant me access (while still being in Y on the domestic cnx).
Old Feb 28, 2010, 10:36 am

Programs: NW, UA
pardon my laziness but do i get access to RCC as a *G (1K) at IAD on KWI-IAD-ORD? i

i think UA doesn't allow access on domestic connection on the inbound but needs clarification. CO, if i'm correct, allows admission into a PC in similar situation. flying multiple airlines on regular basis, i can't keep the rules straight at times.
Old Mar 3, 2010, 1:34 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
since i'm not a rcc member and only use it when sponsored or flying internationally.....

did the karma thing today and upgraded a young lady on ua918 iad-lhr who was off to see her husband stationed in england.

told her she had rcc access and if she wouldn't mind guesting me in-i'm flying ua947 iad-lax and then home to sfo.

iad rcc d-8

agent said yes, she has access but because she is not premier exec or higher, she cannot guest anyone.

like i said, i'm not a rcc member and only use it when sponsored or flying internationally and was just curious if that is in fact the case
Old Mar 3, 2010, 3:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by goalie
since i'm not a rcc member and only use it when sponsored or flying internationally.....

did the karma thing today and upgraded a young lady on ua918 iad-lhr who was off to see her husband stationed in england.

told her she had rcc access and if she wouldn't mind guesting me in-i'm flying ua947 iad-lax and then home to sfo.

iad rcc d-8

agent said yes, she has access but because she is not premier exec or higher, she cannot guest anyone.

like i said, i'm not a rcc member and only use it when sponsored or flying internationally and was just curious if that is in fact the case
Agent was correct, no guests for international C passengers without *G status. Here are the access rules: http://www.staralliance.com/en/benef...access-policy/

Last edited by iceman77_7; Mar 3, 2010 at 3:52 pm Reason: Added *A policy link
Old Mar 6, 2010, 7:09 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, ANA Platinum
Originally Posted by MarkXS
Yes you get access at any *A connecting points on the return journey.

However no drink chits. That is only at the "transoceanic gateway", the station where you're about to embark on the transoceanic leg. Upon return to SFO you've already flown the transoceanic leg. You'll get in, but no drinks for you.
My non-status mom was refused entry at the RCC in IAD following her flight from CDG in NC via my SWU (IAD-SFO was NC). Was this the right decision? Because if so, then that is incredibly stingy and I will pull some business away from UA if so. If the decision was wrong, should I file a complaint?
Old Mar 6, 2010, 8:33 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by FireEmblemPride
My non-status mom was refused entry at the RCC in IAD following her flight from CDG in NC via my SWU (IAD-SFO was NC). ...
What was the reason provided?? Same date international first/business (including NC) have access to RCCs
Old Mar 6, 2010, 9:47 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, ANA Platinum
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
What was the reason provided?? Same date international first/business (including NC) have access to RCCs
According to her, they say she used up her privilege at CDG along with domestic flights not getting access. Must've been someone new working the RCC? She's not savvy with flight jargon, but I suspect the RCC didn't realize she had been traveling internationally previously, but then why would they say she used up her lounge access in CDG?

In any case, I'm upset because my mom is nearing 60 and she's been a naturally frail woman since I was born, so not being allowed into the lounge made her return trip feel that much worse. She just doesn't do well when flying, hence upgrading her in the first place. I think UA should comp her a one-time pass for the trouble.
Old Mar 7, 2010, 9:37 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG-G
LAX - SFO on UA0649 - cleared NF

SFO - HGK on UA0869 - V Class

*S here, so I don't get access automatically, but I'd assume my NF ticket from LAX-SFO will allow me to get in at LAX, no?

Also, will I have access in SFO?

Thanks,
Jim
Old Mar 10, 2010, 8:04 am

Programs: Amex FHR elite travel agent, Ritz Stars, Hyatt Prive, Four Seasons Preferred Partner and others
Originally Posted by jimrhit
LAX - SFO on UA0649 - cleared NF

SFO - HGK on UA0869 - V Class

*S here, so I don't get access automatically, but I'd assume my NF ticket from LAX-SFO will allow me to get in at LAX, no?

Also, will I have access in SFO?

Thanks,
Jim
No, you will not get access in LAX or SFO if you are not *G. F on the domestic portion of an international itinerary is not enough.
Old Mar 21, 2010, 11:23 pm

RCC lounge access on AC reward ticket?

Hi, hoping someone can help answer this for me, if I am flying A class on LH and UA will I have access to the RCC lounge at ORD during my layover if I booked with AC rewards?

I do not have status with any of the airlines as unfortunately I'm one of those cc point collectors that some FT's like to hate on. I wish I flew more but my job just has me staying in hotels an insane amount!

Travel thru dates are: 2Apr 5:30pm-9pm and 12Apr 3:30pm-8:30pm if there are any kind souls reading this who can help me access the lounge!
Old Mar 22, 2010, 1:44 am

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Originally Posted by nomadic.relief
Hi, hoping someone can help answer this for me, if I am flying A class on LH and UA will I have access to the RCC lounge at ORD during my layover if I booked with AC rewards?

I do not have status with any of the airlines as unfortunately I'm one of those cc point collectors that some FT's like to hate on. I wish I flew more but my job just has me staying in hotels an insane amount!

Travel thru dates are: 2Apr 5:30pm-9pm and 12Apr 3:30pm-8:30pm if there are any kind souls reading this who can help me access the lounge!
1) If you collect a ton of CC points, why not collect them on AA where you will get lifetime status?

2) A class as in discounted F? Yes, you will have RCC access.
Old Apr 5, 2010, 10:07 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
What constitutes "same day"?

This Friday I head from SNA-SFO as the first leg of my trip to LHR in XC. I have no UA or *A status anymore. The flight leaves at 8pm PST. The next leg (SFO-IAD) is technically the next calendar day at 8:02am. Less than 23 hours, so it is not a stopover. The final leg is IAD-LHR at 6:03pm EST.

So the question is, will I get RCC access in SNA? It is technically on a different calendar day, but is part of a continuous set of flights culminating in an international C flight with no stopovers.
Old Apr 6, 2010, 6:17 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
SNA club closes at 7pm. Probably won't have time to use it anyway.

http://www.united.com/page/article/0,,52689,00.html

Last edited by SFO 1K; Apr 6, 2010 at 7:26 am
Old Apr 6, 2010, 6:20 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SFO 1K
SNA club closes at 7pm. Probably won't have time to use it anyway.
There's a RCC in SNA? Unless I've missed something, I don't think there is...

EDIT:

Didn't realize SNA was listed as Orange County on the RCC website. Good to know!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.