Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Thread to Post Your UA Website Experiences/Complaints

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated Thread to Post Your UA Website Experiences/Complaints

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2013, 12:51 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
I was in the middle of a search and .bomb switched to yen. I can't figure out why; I hadn't timed out, used the browser "back" button or anything like that. All I had done was clicked "Start New Search" and changed one of the airports.

Old Mar 12, 2013, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
I have had that happen to me in the past. I thought we had a thread on that somewhere.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 9:40 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Don't know if this system flaw has been reported but I ran into a very unique situation the other night.

I was trying to book an award flight from Sochi (AER) to LAX for Feb 2014 (return from the Olympics). When I input flights using the multiple destination page, it would show availability AER-IST-FRA-LAX. With the FRA-LAX flights on US Airways (stop / change of plane in PHL). However, it turned out that the PHL-LAX segment was actually phantom availability. Other routes also showed phantom availability. Could get all the way through inputting passenger name. I even called customer service and they said the PHL-LAX flight, in their system showed as cancelled. After trying various routes and combinations, was able to get the flights booked from IST-LHR-YUL-LAX. One leg was in coach so the system, as has been reported, did not price out the award correctly so I had to call and have the agent talk to the rate desk to get that straightened out (she did not want to call because she KNEW the system priced the flights right - but finally did and the rate desk got it corrected).

However, what was surprising was that when I went into my itineraries, it had about 8 or 10 different sets of flights on hold! It turned out that when I was trying to book a set of flights and the phantom availability showed up, it put the available flights on hold. So I wound up with about 4 or 5 IST-FRA reservations (2 people each) and about 3 or 4 IST-MUC flights on hold. As well as one FRA-PHL, one FRA-CLT and one AER-FRA flight. Some of the reservations were for C and some for coach.

Amazed that the web page would put all of these flights on hold for the same flight times (and in many cases the same flights). Also, when it put the tickets on hold, it took the seats out of inventory. That is why, whenever I would look for a new set of flights, the selection seemed worse until there were no available seats from IST to FRA or MUC.
Old May 8, 2013, 9:49 am

Programs: Hyatt GLOB, Marriott Lifetime PLT, UA 1K 1MM.
is anyone having website issues? doing a normal search seems to take me to the advanced search page, and when i hit submit it just loops to itself.
Old May 23, 2013, 1:23 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
I just canceled a nonrefundable ticket on the website within 24 hours of booking, and it showed that the full payment will be refunded to the correct CC type but the wrong CC number. I'm ready to dismiss this as just a website glitch, but has this happened to anyone before and should I be worried?
Old May 23, 2013, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by gengar
I just canceled a nonrefundable ticket on the website within 24 hours of booking, and it showed that the full payment will be refunded to the correct CC type but the wrong CC number. I'm ready to dismiss this as just a website glitch, but has this happened to anyone before and should I be worried?
I had it happen to me a couple of weeks ago. CC number displayed by the website ended in 001 if I remember correctly.

In the end, it worked out fine as my CC was not charged (cancelled pretty quickly after booking). But pretty crappy that UA can't fix these types of things. I have to imagine it generates a LOT of unnecessary phone calls.

The new UA loves to waste time...ours and theirs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.