Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

October 20, the UA 10 Year Anniversary of Gerard Finneran

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

October 20, the UA 10 Year Anniversary of Gerard Finneran

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2005, 6:36 pm

Programs: UAL
Originally Posted by BenjaminNYC

With 42 inch pitch, no wonder he was pissed!
Not quite correct....
Old Oct 9, 2005, 10:14 pm

Programs: united airlines
Quote:
Now you are prepared with the metal ones cops carry?

Originally Posted by ClipperClub
Yessir!

That snappy response makes it sound like you're not only prepared with the kind of cuffs real cops carry, but your itchin' to use them on the next guy who pulls a Finneran on your flight.
Old Oct 11, 2005, 10:17 am

Programs: UA 2P, PassPlus Flex, LAX Customer of the Year for 2006, UAL Shareholder
On a side, but not totally unrelated note --

So, what kind of rage is it that builds up that passengers think that they need to defile the plane by defacating? This last May, I was in First on a 3-cabin 767 from IAD to LAX. I got up to use the forward lav before takeoff, opened the door to be greeted by an unpleasant odor, and a large deposit left on the floor. I closed the door and notified the Purser who had to have someone come on and service it before we left. People are such pigs at times.

Back to Mr. Finerman - wouldn't you have just loved to be in on his therapy sessions? I mean, what happened in his childhood?
Old Oct 11, 2005, 10:53 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, AA LTP 2MM
IIRC, didn't this guy hire Johnnie Cochran to get him off of the criminal charges?
Old Oct 11, 2005, 12:30 pm

Programs: WWMFD
Originally Posted by ClipperClub
He was seated in "Coneisseur" , I belierve (as it was named back then)
Probably mis-read his BP as Conne-sewer Class.
Old Oct 11, 2005, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
Originally Posted by UAL_Rulez
IIRC, didn't this guy hire Johnnie Cochran to get him off of the criminal charges?
"This, Ladies & Gentlemen, is a Chewbacca"
Old Oct 11, 2005, 1:39 pm

Programs: WWMFD
Originally Posted by UAL_Rulez
"If the pax does not sh*t, you must acquit."
Old Oct 11, 2005, 1:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by jaguar
3. All part of an elaborate plan to intimidate the real killers
LOL
Old Oct 11, 2005, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

"We will not use the 'N' word! You know? Knife."

Old Oct 11, 2005, 7:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Guy, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5 Star, Hair Club for Men Plutonium
"If the pax does not sh*t, you must acquit."

"This, Ladies & Gentlemen, is a Chewbacca"
I LOVED that Southpark episode. Very memorable.
Old Nov 29, 2005, 1:01 am
us2
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by terrysalmi
Kudo points to whoever can track down Gerard and find out what he's doing now!
A Google search reveals that he died last year from Alzheimer's disease, which was confirmed by a search of the social security death index, which lists him as "Jerry" Finneran having a Connecticut residence and the same date of birth given for Gerard on documents on the smokinggun.com website. A short bio and mention of his death is here (at the bottom of the page): http://www.ventureeconomics.com/vec/1093016078989.html

The Alzheimer's may, it should be noted, be a partial explanation for his behavior.

Edited to correct typographical error.

Last edited by us2; Nov 29, 2005 at 3:17 am
Old Nov 29, 2005, 1:40 am

organic brain disease

Originally Posted by us2
A Google search reveals that he died last year from Alzheimer's disease, which was confirmed by a search of the social security death index, which lists him as "Jerry" Finnegan having a Connecticut residence and the same date of birth given for Gerard on documents on the smokinggun.com website. A short bio and mention of his death is here (at the bottom of the page): http://www.ventureeconomics.com/vec/1093016078989.html

The Alzheimer's may, it should be noted, be a partial explanation for his behavior.
Yes, Alzheimer's is the sort of "organic brain disease" I was referring to. So again one might wonder whether the fellow was neurologically compromised prior to that extraordinary episode, with booze then a contributing factor.
Old Nov 29, 2005, 2:06 am

was it the Alzheimer's?

Originally Posted by us2
A Google search reveals that he died last year from Alzheimer's disease, which was confirmed by a search of the social security death index, which lists him as "Jerry" Finnegan having a Connecticut residence and the same date of birth given for Gerard on documents on the smokinggun.com website. A short bio and mention of his death is here (at the bottom of the page): http://www.ventureeconomics.com/vec/1093016078989.html

I am intrigued by the medicolegal implications of this, that is the diagnosis (Alzheimer's) and its possible relevance to what took place 9 years before Mr. Finneran's death. If anyone can provide more information related to his mental health before and after the episode, I would greatly appreciate a PM. For example, had there been any aberrant behavior previously? Did he function at a high level in the financial world afterwards, or was he just filing a chair until dementia was undeniable? Was a medical excuse for his behavior on the plane ever explored, or was it simply chalked up to inebriation?
Old Nov 29, 2005, 6:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: United Guy, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5 Star, Hair Club for Men Plutonium
Originally Posted by us2
A Google search reveals that he died last year from Alzheimer's disease, which was confirmed by a search of the social security death index, which lists him as "Jerry" Finneran having a Connecticut residence and the same date of birth given for Gerard on documents on the smokinggun.com website. A short bio and mention of his death is here (at the bottom of the page): http://www.ventureeconomics.com/vec/1093016078989.html

Edited to correct typographical error.

Oh wow. The whole incident has a Lettermanesque humor to it, but when you throw in Alzheimer's, it takes a different turn.

One has to wonder how much that one incident affected the rest of his life.
Old Nov 29, 2005, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by Soup Sandwich
Oh wow. The whole incident has a Lettermanesque humor to it, but when you throw in Alzheimer's, it takes a different turn.

One has to wonder how much that one incident affected the rest of his life.
Undoubtedly, it greatly affected Mr. Finneran's life thereafter. It can be said with complete confidence, though, that neither the incident, nor anything it brought about, caused him to develop Alzheimer's; it cannot be said with any confidence, at least not from here, however, that the Alzheimer's did not cause or contribute (along with the alcohol) to the infamous incident.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.