Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Which elite status to declare? advice needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2005, 12:07 am
jtn
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K

I am a 2P with UA and Gold Preferred with US. I booked an awards ticket (Y) using MP miles on AC going from PDX-YVR-ICN. The return leg is going to be on UA from NRT-SFO-PDX. This itinerary is currently associated with my MP 2P status.

Now I'm thinking that since the outbound leg is with AC, should I call and change the status to Gold Preferred instead? so that I can use the *Gold benefits? The thing that complicates this is that I already have E+ seats on the return legs. Would I lose my E+ seats if I now change the FF status for this itinerary to GoldPreferred?

What do you guys think?
Old Oct 4, 2005, 2:35 am

Programs: AA Exec PLT; Marriott PLAT
Your US GP status entitles you to E+ seating.
Old Oct 4, 2005, 8:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
The only Gold benefits that matter are preferred checkin and lounge access, both of which only require your card, and don't depend on which number is on your boarding pass.
Old Oct 4, 2005, 8:17 am
Suspended

Programs: Count Your Blessings
I suppose another question/criterion to consider is whether you want to remain 2P on UA in which case you would declare your US Gold Preferred status and have miles credited toward your US account, or work on elevating your UA status to 1P in which case you would want to declare your UA account in order to build credit to it.
Old Oct 4, 2005, 9:02 am
gof

Programs: UA 2P, HHonors Diamond, Hertz Gold
As the OP mentioned, it's on an award ticket so there are no miles or segments to get credit for.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.