Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2006 Entertainment Book: UA discounts?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2005, 5:59 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
My PHX version book arrived a few minutes ago. I registered it and immediatly got the e-certs email. I have not compared the T&C carefully but it looks like the same as the paper certs. Lots of restrictions, 50 United States, Canada, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands destinations only.

One nice coupon is the book is four $5 off $50 purchases at Safeway.
Dear gfowler-ord-1k,
As a registered user at Entertainment.com, we would like to offer you up to $75 off a qualifying future United flight.

Plan a romantic vacation or a family getaway! You can choose from any destination in the 50 United States, Canada, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands!

Book before December 31, 2006 and use one or more of the electronic certificate numbers below to earn up to $75 off a qualifying future United flight on united.com.
Getting your discount is as easy as:

1. Go to united.com/bookonline

2. Enter your origin and destination information. You must Search by schedule.

3. Select your travel dates and enter your e-Certificate number below with no spaces between the digits in the box labeled Electronic certificate or promotion code.

HERE ARE YOUR ELECTRONIC CERTIFICATE NUMBERS:

101605591194XXXXXX
101605591194XXXXXX

4. Select your flights. Flights eligible for the discount will be identified with a green star

5. Choose your seat and purchase your flight.

Offer details

DISCOUNT AMOUNT:
Up to $75 off a qualifying roundtrip flight purchase of $150 or more at united.com.

* $25 off one roundtrip ticket of $150-$299
* $50 off one roundtrip ticket of $300-$474
* $75 off one roundtrip ticket of $475 or more

BOOKING PERIOD: 8/1/05-12/31/06
TRAVEL PERIOD: 8/1/05-12/31/06
ELIGIBLE BOOKING CLASS: Economy (H, Q, V, W, S)
MAXIMUM NUMBER OF PASSENGERS PER ITINERARY: 1
NOTE: Not all flights are eligible for an electronic certificate discount. In some instances you may find flights that are not electronic certificate eligible, because they have already been discounted and are less expensive than the electronic certificate eligible flights.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: We are not yet able to redeem paper certificates, coupons, or vouchers at united.com. Please contact customer support at 1-800-589-5582 with any questions concerning paper or electronic certificates.
Thank you again for your order
-- Entertainment.com
Terms & Conditions

e.Certificate is valid towards a qualifying flight purchase between 12:01 am CT August 1, 2005 through 11:59 pm CT December 31, 2006 only.

DISCOUNT AMOUNT: $25 off one round-trip ticket of $150 - $299, $50 off one round-trip ticket of $300-$474, $75 off one round-trip ticket of $475 or more on a qualifying roundtrip flight purchased at united.com.

TICKETING PERIOD: August 1, 2005 through December 31, 2006

TRAVEL PERIOD: August 1, 2005 through December 31, 2006

VALID CARRIER: This discount may be applied to United, United ExpressŽ and TedSM operated flights, but not to flights operated by other airlines (such as United-marketed code share and Star AllianceŽ flights).

VALID ROUTING: Travel must originate in the 50 United States or Canada and terminate in a destination within the 50 United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, or U.S. Virgin Islands during the above travel period.

QUALIFYING FARES: This discount may be used on published United EconomyŽ (H,Q,V,W,S) fares of $150 (exclusive of taxes and fees) or more.

RESTRICTED FARES: This discount may not be used on the following fare types: United FirstŽ (F,A,P) class, United BusinessŽ (C,D,Z) class, United Economy (Y,B,M,E,U,T,K,L), internet-only fares, companion, travel industry G class, contract, bulk, convention, tour conductor, children, family plan, government, group, military, senior citizen, student, youth, infant, tour basing, Round the World, Circle the Pacific, Visit USA, or any non-published fares.

FARE RULES: The fare you qualify for depends on what class of service is available on the days you travel. Some flights may have lower fares available without the discount. You must travel round-trip on United. Open jaw and circle trips are not allowed. This discount may not be used when you travel one-way.

MAXIMUM NUMBER OF PASSENGERS PER ITINERARY: One.

BLACKOUT DATES: This discount is not allowed on the following dates:
2005 - November 23, 27, 28; December 22, 23, 26, 29, 30, 31 2006 - January 1, 2; March 10-12, 17-19, 31; April 1, 2, 7-9, 14-17; November 22, 26, 27; December 22, 23, 26, 29-31

TICKETING: You may redeem this electronic certificate on united.com only. Discount only applies when ticket is purchased on united.com using the certificate number and a credit card that has a valid U.S. billing address. Electronic certificates cannot be redeemed by calling United Airlines or your travel professional.

FULFILLMENT: Electronic certificates will only be delivered to a valid e-mail address.

MILEAGE PLUSŽ ACCRUAL: The passenger may accrue Mileage Plus miles with this discount.

UPGRADES: To determine if an upgrade certificate may be used together with this discount, refer to the terms & conditions and booking class restrictions associated with each upgrade.

CHANGES/REFUNDS: The rules of the United fare you purchase will determine what changes or refunds are allowed. Any refund due is based on the amount actually paid. The electronic certificate discount may not be reapplied toward the purchase of another ticket when exchanging or refunding your original ticket, except when the original ticket qualifies for a reduced fare (guaranteed airfare rule applies). Check with United Airlines.

IMPORTANT NOTES: Not all flights are eligible for an electronic certificate discount. In some instances you may find flights that are not electronic certificate eligible, because they have already been discounted and are less expensive than the electronic certificate eligible flights. This discount may only be applied to the purchase of one new ticket and may not be applied to previously ticketed reservations. Electronic certificate has no cash value and may not be altered or duplicated. Lost, stolen, expired or destroyed electronic certificates will not be replaced. Only one electronic certificate may be used per ticket. This electronic certificate is transferable, but void if sold or bartered.

Offer subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.

Processing Information
Agencies See: S*PMA/Entertainment 2006
UA Representatives See: S*PMO/Entertainment 2006
FastTech: Profile Code: PMO Name: Entertainment 2006
You have received this e-mail as part of your Entertainment membership. However, United offers a variety of information via e-mail. Other categories include special fare offerings, partner offerings and Mileage Plus information. One of the best ways to keep up to date on what’s going on with United and our partners is to log on to united.com and update your profile. If you are not currently a Mileage Plus member, sign up now!

Remember, you must fly by December 31, 2006. Simply visit www.united.com/
bookonline and book your paid qualifying flight today!
Old Sep 7, 2005, 4:35 pm

2006 Entertainment Book

Yes, the 2006 has been shipped (I have 20 of them in my dining room!) and the United Coupon and Car Rental Coupons are contained therein.
Old Sep 7, 2005, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
These coupons are particularly useful for TED trips where you can easily see all the fare buckets so you know that the price you are quoted on the phone is in fact the same as the lowest price shown at flyted.com

I do, however, take issue with the $25-$50-$75 discount which is a lie. As noted above, your actual savings with the coupon is $20-45-70 because you will pay to ticket by phone. Or even worse, ticket in person at airport.

IF UA WAS HONEST IT WOULD NOTE THESE ADDITIONAL MANDATORY "FEES" ON THE FACE OF THE COUPON OR CHANGE THE DISCOUNT $$ AMOUNTS TO REFLECT REALITY.
Old Sep 8, 2005, 12:54 am

Are they all electronic this year, or some of each?
Old Dec 28, 2005, 9:01 pm

Programs: Star Alliance
Originally Posted by vdb seeker
I received three paper coupons, today, as holiday gift. It was somewhat exciting, until I realized, tonight, they were only good for domestic tickets.
Old Dec 28, 2005, 9:54 pm

If you can find a travel agent who will issue tickets without a service fee (which some will if you book a hotel and/or car with them) you'll get the full value of the certificate.
Old Dec 30, 2005, 7:34 am
Formerly known as CollegeFlyer

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
Or, do a bunch of MRs and qualify for 1K, then you can have the $5 fee waived.
Old Apr 19, 2006, 11:37 am

DELETED

Last edited by bumpme; Apr 19, 2006 at 12:59 pm Reason: deleted
Old Apr 21, 2006, 10:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM
Originally Posted by vdb seeker
I got 4 electronic and 6 paper. I think that was the same as last year. BTW, I have the San Jose, CA book.
Old Apr 22, 2006, 2:28 am

Programs: UA 1P
I only got 2 electronic and 6 paper with the San Francisco edition.
Old Jun 7, 2006, 6:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Angry Entertainment coupon rules changed?

Hi, hope someone knows the inside scoop. I ticketed a reservation for a total fare of $342.50. They only applied a discount of $25 dollars. Their reason being that the discount of $50 only applies to base fares of $300-$474. From my understanding and from the terms on the back, it seems the discount applies to the total fare including taxes and fees. Has anyone experienced this? Has there been a change in rules?
Old Jun 7, 2006, 8:10 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
Originally Posted by Akira
... From my understanding and from the terms on the back, it seems the discount applies to the total fare including taxes and fees. Has anyone experienced this? Has there been a change in rules?
It does not specify specifically that all the discount thresholds are exclusive of taxes, but it is implied in the following:
QUALIFYING FARES: This discount may be used on published United EconomyŽ (H,Q,V,W,S) fares of $150 (exclusive of taxes and fees) or more.
Old Jun 7, 2006, 9:38 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Discount is based on the base fare, not the total fare. If your base fare is very close to the next threshold, i.e. $298 base fare, try to travel on a weekend to raise your base fare to over $299. And then you will get $50 off instead of $25. Hopefully the weekend differential is less than $25, of course.
Old Jun 8, 2006, 12:30 am

Just to double-confirm, it is the base fare. I had an agent read me the profile once, and it is explicit.

BillJ

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.