Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

At what airports have you gotten good customer service/ticketing experience

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

At what airports have you gotten good customer service/ticketing experience

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2005, 9:45 am
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
I haven't had great luck at ORD unfortunately (considering its where I do 99% of my ticketing) and there is ALWAYS a long line.

I have had great experiences at SEA ^
Old May 5, 2005, 1:26 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
Consistently? Maybe SEA. Although I did have a bad experience there once. PDX is also consistently friendly. My all-time favourite flight is still SEA-PDX on the little EMB-120. So I'm always in a good mood when I get to PDX.

The larger hubs are mixed bags, just because of the size. DEN has some great agents, but I've had a few bad experiences there. IAD - good experiences are rare. SFO - good experiences are not so frequent.
Old May 5, 2005, 1:33 pm

I've had great service at KOA, ORD, and HNL
Old May 5, 2005, 2:14 pm

Programs: NorthSails® | Starboard | ION
Originally Posted by FlysTooMuch
Oakland does have some good TAs but the numbers of agents there is very limited and if you don't go at the right time you will end up waiting a long time.
I think that's part of the problem... I haven't had much luck with the good ones being around when I've needed them.

Originally Posted by VPescado
Ticketing at SFO is a crap shoot. They have agents who know what they are doing and agents who don't...

My one piece of advice is to avoid any agent who shares the last name of a former soviet leader.
Hint. I use the International Terminal desk (even for domestic itins--shhhh! ). That will also insure you don't see the particular agent you are talking about (who may not be around anyway--I had a conversation about him with the swing shift station manager).
Old May 5, 2005, 2:16 pm

Programs: UA-Gold MM, SPG Plat
Only good experiences at MSP and YYZ. I tried at ORD a couple times but I agree with the LONG line!

ZRH, if you have to go to the Star Alliance counter, is terrible.
Old May 5, 2005, 2:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS Gold
PDX - been traveling out of here for 25 years. Excellent staff. Too bad there isn't much of a need to talk to them any more (with easy check-in). I have also had good overall experience at the 1K line at ORD and LGA.
Old May 5, 2005, 2:47 pm
Used to be Premier Monkey

Programs: AA EXP; Priority Club PLT; HHonors Gold
SEA SEA SEA!!!!! The best.

Also, SAV is very good, as is JFK.

The worst? In My Experience: DEN & COS.

--Monks
Old May 5, 2005, 3:22 pm
Dub

Programs: UA 1K, 2MM
BOS rocks! Always good.
Old May 5, 2005, 3:25 pm

My best experiences have been at HNL/NRT and CDG. Worst - SFO.
Old May 5, 2005, 4:59 pm

Programs: UA1K
IAD is bad in every way possible since that is my home airport. i like TYS and BNA, and had exceptional service at MEL.
Old May 5, 2005, 5:14 pm

Programs: UA MP
I would go with ORD as the best. IAD and PHL are ok. DCA is good (I remember going DCA-ORD then ORD-NRT. The agent didn't even bother with our passports (it was before APHIS) and then told the FA to make room for our carryon when she initally said we had to gate check it). NRT is ok, but definitely by the book (must be because of the chairs).

PHX has the worst agents I've ever seen. I don't ever think I've had a good experience there.
Old May 5, 2005, 7:40 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold (1MM), AS MVP
LAS

Regular checkin line went 3x faster than Premier, agent didn't inform I could catch an earlier connection still available that would ensure my connection in SFO (well, I should have known to ask... ), initially printed two boarding passes in First (which I had a paid seat for) for my connection and none for my first segment, only to find in SFO I'd been completely off-loaded my connection and wound up in 17F

I agree on PDX, and the rest are indeed crapshoots...
Old May 5, 2005, 8:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
OAK has to be one of the worst. Its a RARE sight to see more than 1 agent at the counter (plus 1 to "assist" people with Mr Easy) and even if there is no one waiting to use Mr Easy and 10 people in the First/Elite line forget about them helping out . If you need to do ANYTHING that requires an agent forget it! They are slow, grumpy and just plain dont care.

I think in general larger hubs will usually be better, simply becuase they will have more staff, granted some of them might be bad but at least the odds are better you'll get someone who knows what they are doing/gives a damn
Old May 5, 2005, 8:30 pm

Programs: United MM- Marriott Titanium - Air France/KLM Flying Blue Platinum
Just remembered a fantastic experience at STT..
CDG is always mediocre, FRA is really bad.
Old May 5, 2005, 9:02 pm

Programs: BA GfL
Sydney mate!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.