Wiki Posts
Search

UA-BMI Connection at LHR -- Shower??

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2005, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM
UA-BMI Connection at LHR -- Shower??

Sorry to start a new thread for this, but the lack of search function makes it necessary.

I'm connecting from UA to a BMI flight to Europe at LHR. What's my best bet for a shower? I have *G status and an RCC membership, and I also will have more than enough time (>5 hours).

Am I correct that the terminal 3 lounges (RCC, London Lounge, SilverKris) will be off limits, since they are strictly for departing passengers? If so, I expect this means that I'll be left with the options of the BMI lounge in T1. If so, is my memory correct that the BMI Diamond Club Lounge does not have a shower, but that the BMI Business Class Lounge does.

Thanks a lot for a quick response from anyone who knows this routine.
Old Apr 29, 2005, 12:57 pm

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Actually I believe the search function is working again.

You are correct: the only option is the T1 Diamond Club, which indeed does not have a shower but if you ask at reception they will phone across the corridor to the Business Lounge and advise them you will be coming in to use their shower. The receptionists at the Business Lounge will be happy to advise you. The shower isn't the most glamorous arrangement, but it does the job.

Enjoy your stay in the lounge
Old Apr 29, 2005, 2:06 pm
Ted

Programs: UA 1P MM, HH G, Marriott G
Public Shower

I've used both the public shower and the BMI shower.

The public shower is on the left when heading towards terminal one in the connections area, seems to me it is across from a kids area. Charge is about GBP5, I had no pounds and was connecting to euro-land so they suggested I go buy something small at the newsstand with $10 and get GBP in change, which worked fine. Conditions were fine, area similar to the RCC in NRT although not quite as nice.

BMI facility was a hell hole. No place to hang anything up, like taking a shower in a broom closet. Got dried off and dressed in the mens room.

Spend the money, although I don't understand why Star can't deal with this better, either with a better facility in the T1/T2/FCC complex or with access back in to the T3 lounges after clearing x-ray.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.