Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Exact ticketed fare bucket appears in M+ Summary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2005, 2:05 pm
Senior Moderator
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.

First noticed last week when printing last year's flight activity off of the Mileage Plus summary that the actual fare bucket of the purchased ticket printed out (i.e., W, S, T, L.) It was overridden, as in past coach fares, by F or C when a segment had been upgraded. Today, the 1K web-site mentioned this as an enhancement:
-------------------
"To assist in tracking your flight activity—and promotion eligibility—we will be listing the actual booking class for each flight listed on your mileage summary.

Now you will know which class you purchased for every flight listed on your Mileage Plus® Summary. What's more, you will be able to track your progress for promotions that require you to purchase certain fare classes in order to qualify.

Your improved mileage summary will be included in the next issue of Mileage Plus Update print newsletter and My Mileage Plus e-newsletter."
Old Apr 19, 2005, 2:36 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
So I take it that they're not deploying this to the online summary, just the e-mailed and print ones?
Old Apr 19, 2005, 2:53 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
in using mp's wording, it doesn't work for me as my ticketed (purchased) class was s/t/l but my ticketed cabin due to u/g's was c/f and it's c/f that shows on the summary. so if i use mp's wording (Now you will know which class you purchased for every flight listed on your Mileage Plus® Summary), shouldn't i get a cos bonus

Originally Posted by Ocn Vw 1K
First noticed last week when printing last year's flight activity off of the Mileage Plus summary that the actual fare bucket of the purchased ticket printed out (i.e., W, S, T, L.) It was overridden, as in past coach fares, by F or C when a segment had been upgraded. Today, the 1K web-site mentioned this as an enhancement:
-------------------
"To assist in tracking your flight activity—and promotion eligibility—we will be listing the actual booking class for each flight listed on your mileage summary.

Now you will know which class you purchased for every flight listed on your Mileage Plus® Summary. What's more, you will be able to track your progress for promotions that require you to purchase certain fare classes in order to qualify.

Your improved mileage summary will be included in the next issue of Mileage Plus Update print newsletter and My Mileage Plus e-newsletter."
Old Apr 19, 2005, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
Originally Posted by exerda
So I take it that they're not deploying this to the online summary, just the e-mailed and print ones?
No.

If you log in, you will see the purchased fares class (unless you upgraded).

There was a thread about this roughly a week ago. Search.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.