Original Poster

Programs: UA PM (by 2MM), DL GM (by 3.5MM), Marriott Lifetime Plat
New Double Miles offer 2/4 - 3/10

OK - so I'm a geek. Poking around tonight I found the following:

http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6722,51214,00.html

I suppose it will be anounced tomorrow.

Billy

Terms and Conditions
Offer valid for qualifying travel booked between February 4, 2005 and March 10, 2005, with travel completed by March 10, 2005.
Tickets purchased through United reservation offices are $5 per ticket higher and tickets purchased at airport ticket counters are $10 per ticket higher.
Offer is combinable with other offers.
Offer may be earned an unlimited number of times.
Offer valid in all paid published fares.
Roundtrip is required.
A roundtrip is defined as travel from an origin city to a destination city with return travel beginning in the out bound destination city back to the first ogirin city with all segments on United. Open jaws and circle trips not allowed.
E-ticket purchase required.
Registration required by March 10, 2005.
Not valid on government fares.
Valid only on flights operated by United and not valid on United marketed code share flights operated by other carriers.
Must be a Mileage Plus member to participate in the offer.
Flights must be credited to the Mileage Plus account in order to qualify.
Double miles apply to base flight miles only and do not count toward elite status.
Double miles are in addition to any applicable elite and class of service bonus.
Offer subject to change w/out notice.
Other restrictions may apply.
Miles accrued, awards issued and bonus offers are subject to the rules of the United Mileage Plus program.
Double miles will be deposited six to eight weeks upon completion of qualifying travel.
The Mileage Plus Program, including accruals, awards and bonus miles offers, is subject to change without notice.
Taxes and fees related to award travel are the responsibility of the passenger.
United and Mileage Plus are registered service marks. For complete details about the Mileage Plus program, visit www.united.com.
Old Feb 3, 2005, 10:37 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, UA/AA Commoner
What Luck...Just bought my tickets last night....wish I would have known...that would have made my trip $300 for 15000 miles...not a bad deal...I thought the 9000 I was getting was nice.
Old Feb 3, 2005, 10:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Now this is what I like to see...not targeted...good on S and T
Old Feb 3, 2005, 10:39 pm
Suspended

Thumbs up Wow!

I LOVE this!

So there is double miles until March 10th.
Double miles for flying on Tuesday or Wednesday to Asia.
And double miles if you fly a certain number of round trips!

That means, if I fly to Asia on a Tuesday before the 10th of March, I would receive:

10'000 base miles
10'000 1K bonus miles
10'000 Tuesday bonus miles
10'000 from this double miles promotion
10'000 from the 'complete ? r/t and receive double miles' promo
------
50'000 miles for one way!!!!

This is almost as good as the early bird!! :-: :-: :-: ^ ^ ^

Edited to add:
The route that I am proposing is NYC-NRT-SIN.
Now, if you were like myn4 you would probably go JFK-SFO-HNL-NRT-SIN

Last edited by UA 882; Feb 3, 2005 at 10:41 pm
Old Feb 3, 2005, 10:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA PM (by 2MM), DL GM (by 3.5MM), Marriott Lifetime Plat
From Charleston, where I live, traveling to BKK I could get

22,056 Base miles
22,056 1K Bonus
22,056 Tue/Wed Asia Travel
22,056 "Q" fare and above (targeted)
22,056 New Double Bonus Mile offer
5,000 Tokyo Travel Bonus
1,000 Booking bonus

There also is a Nagoya offer, but it starts after this promotion ends.

Now mind you, I would have to book "Q" to get this, but this would be 116,280 miles.

What really bites is I already have flights booked, and I don't want to re-book just to get this offer. I already am getting 72K miles.

Billy
Old Feb 3, 2005, 10:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, UA LT-Gold, SPG Plat, HH Dia, Hyatt Dia, MR Gold
Originally Posted by Delta3MM
I don't understand why UA only limits E-ticket for their promotions. Drat!
Old Feb 3, 2005, 11:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What Luck...Just bought my tickets last night....wish I would have known...that would have made my trip $300 for 15000 miles...not a bad deal...I thought the 9000 I was getting was nice.
If you happen to be still under the 24 hour from purchase window, and if you think your fare will still be available tomorrow, you could cancel it without penalty under the 24 rule, if you purchased it on the web. Then you could purchase it tomorrow under the promo.
Old Feb 3, 2005, 11:26 pm

Programs: UA 1P
United Vacations?

I have an active UA itinerary, SFO-PVR (on Ted) that I booked as part of a United Vacations package deal within the date range of this promotion. Is the airline portion of that package considered an E-ticket? Would I be eligible for the double mileage? Thanks in advance... Michael.
Old Feb 3, 2005, 11:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by SFO-TXL Connection
I have an active UA itinerary, SFO-PVR (on Ted) that I booked as part of a United Vacations package deal within the date range of this promotion. Is the airline portion of that package considered an E-ticket? Would I be eligible for the double mileage? Thanks in advance... Michael.
The promo states that tickets have to be bought online from united.com between the period of Feb 4 - March 10.

Since you said you booked it already, it does not qualify
Old Feb 4, 2005, 1:15 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, UA LT-Gold, SPG Plat, HH Dia, Hyatt Dia, MR Gold
Originally Posted by indo79
The promo states that tickets have to be bought online from united.com between the period of Feb 4 - March 10.

Since you said you booked it already, it does not qualify
I didn't see that online purchase is required.
Old Feb 4, 2005, 1:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Me neither. No mention whatever of 'on-line bookings only' that I can see.

They would hardly mention phone and airport booking fees it it were. Simply says it needs to be an e-ticket, and seeing it needs to be wholly on UA metal, will be e-ticket anyway in 99.9% of cases.

Tickets purchased through United reservation offices are $5 per ticket higher and tickets purchased at airport ticket counters are $10 per ticket higher.

Valid only on flights operated by United and not valid on United marketed code share flights operated by other carriers.

Glen
Old Feb 4, 2005, 1:37 am

Programs: MP Platinum
wow. I had nothing scheduled between now and my next IAD-KUL RT in late march. This will have the exact effect they want.

"Honey, guess what, I'm going on a trip!"
Old Feb 4, 2005, 2:36 am

Programs: MP Platinum
UX flights allowed? I don't see the usual, United, Ted or United Express.

Also, note it is RT. IAD - SFO - NRT - LAX - IAD will NOT count.

A roundtrip is defined as travel from an origin city to a destination city with return travel beginning in the out bound destination city back to the first ogirin city with all segments on United. Open jaws and circle trips not allowed.
Old Feb 4, 2005, 3:06 am

Programs: United 1KMM; Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
The transpac Tues/Weds double miles offer is not combinable with other offers.

Here is the fine text for the promo:

" Offer valid on all paid, published fares. Valid only on transpacific flight segments between Asia and the U.S. Only flight segments that originate on Tuesday or Wednesday will earn the bonus. Offer not valid if the itinerary includes flights to/from Hawaii. Offer valid for recipients of this e-mail only. "

But, if you have a mileage+ Visa, you can get double miles as well. http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6722,51067,00.html

Can anyone give me the link to the Q fare+ promo? Also, what is the link to the round trip double miles promo? I'm thinking of a few mileage run trips to SIN now..

-j
Old Feb 4, 2005, 3:07 am

Programs: United 1KMM; Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
oops, here is the full text:

TERMS & CONDITIONS: Tickets purchased through United reservation offices are USD5 per ticket higher and tickets purchased at airport ticket counters are USD10 per ticket higher in the U.S. Offer valid for qualifying flight segments that originate on Tuesdays and Wednesdays between February 1 and April 13, 2005. Offer not combinable with other offers. Offer may be earned an unlimited number of times. Offer valid on all paid, published fares. Valid only on transpacific flight segments between Asia and the U.S. Only flight segments that originate on Tuesday or Wednesday will earn the bonus. Offer not valid if the itinerary includes flights to/from Hawaii. Offer valid for recipients of this e-mail only. Registration required by April 13, 2005. Not valid on government fares.

Originally Posted by jzrandom
The transpac Tues/Weds double miles offer is not combinable with other offers.

Here is the fine text for the promo:

" Offer valid on all paid, published fares. Valid only on transpacific flight segments between Asia and the U.S. Only flight segments that originate on Tuesday or Wednesday will earn the bonus. Offer not valid if the itinerary includes flights to/from Hawaii. Offer valid for recipients of this e-mail only. "

But, if you have a mileage+ Visa, you can get double miles as well. http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6722,51067,00.html

Can anyone give me the link to the Q fare+ promo? Also, what is the link to the round trip double miles promo? I'm thinking of a few mileage run trips to SIN now..

-j

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.