Wiki Posts
Search

15% Off RT Domestic Coupon Link

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2004, 6:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
15% Off RT Domestic Coupon Link

Go to www.flyted.com/touchdown and you can get an e-cert for 15% off RT of $150 or more on domestic UA/UX/Ted ticket.

Last edited by cblaisd; Sep 11, 2004 at 7:55 pm Reason: Edited by moderator to make the link clickable
Old Sep 11, 2004, 7:37 pm

Programs: UA 1k, HHonors Gold
Great find - thanks! ^
Old Sep 11, 2004, 9:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Note the restrictions to this discount...especially fare class

Booking period: September 11, 2004 through October 31, 2004.

Travel period: September 11, 2004 through January 31, 2005.

Valid Carrier: This discount may be applied to United, United Express(R) and Ted(SM) operated flights, but not to flights operated by other airlines (such as United-marketed code share and Star Alliance flights).

Valid Routing: To take advantage of this discount you must travel within the domestic 50 United States, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands and to Canada during the above travel period.

Qualifying Fares: This discount may be used on published United Economy(R) (H,Q,V, W, or S) class minimum fares of $150 or more for travel within the 50 United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands or Canada.

Restricted Fares: This discount may not be used on the following fare types: United First (F,A,P) class, United Business (C,D,Z) class, United Economy (Y,B,M,H,E,U,T,K,L), internet-only fares, companion, travel industry G class, contract, bulk, convention, tour conductor, children, family plan, government, group, military, senior citizen, student, youth, infant, tour basing, Round the World, Circle the Pacific, Visit USA, or any non-published fares.

Fare Rules: The published fare you qualify for depends on what class of service is available on the days you travel. Some markets may have lower fares available without the discount. You must travel roundtrip on Ted. Open jaw and circle trips are not allowed. This discount may not be used when you travel one-way.

Maximum number of passengers per itinerary: 4

Blackout Dates: November 24, 28, 29, 2004; December 23, 24, 29, 30, 2004; January 1, 2, 3, 2005.

Ticketing: You may redeem this electronic certificate on flyted.com only. Discount only applies when ticket is purchased on flyted.com using the certificate number and a credit card that has a valid U.S. billing address. Electronic certificates cannot be redeemed by calling United Airlines or your travel professional.
Old Sep 11, 2004, 9:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
It's exactly the same as the one from last month, except that it's good for booking until the the of October rather than the end of September.

And good luck using it anyway. I've been trying to book OAK SBA - without the e-cert, I have no problem catching V fares, but if I enter the e-cert number, it keeps grabbing a Q fare (20% of the time) or I get this message the other 80% of the time:
No Availability

We're sorry. We're unable to process your request as submitted.
The flight that you've selected has either very recently sold out or is no longer available.
Which is, of course, a lie.
Old Sep 11, 2004, 10:04 pm

Location: UA 1K 3MM, UA 1P/1K since mid '80s; CO Bronze/Silver since mid 80's, Austin, Texas
I tried to register and got this:

An error has occurred. This may be because:

We already have the email address you supplied on file from a previous registration.

We appreciate your business.

If you have further questions, please contact United at:

I can't remember registering for this at all, primarily because I don't think much of the ecerts. I've never been able to make an ecert work on the routes and fares that I need.
Old Sep 11, 2004, 10:26 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, 1.5 Million Mile Flyer
Must be booked at flyted.com. First it says: " Thank you for choosing Ted. Here is your e-Certificate for 15% off a qualifying roundtrip Ted flight purchase of $150 or more."

Then it says: " Valid Carrier: This discount may be applied to United, United Express(R) and Ted(SM) operated flights, but not to flights operated by other airlines (such as United-marketed code share and Star Alliance flights)."

Another "clear as mud" promo.

Thanks for the heads up tho.

Last edited by braslvr; Sep 11, 2004 at 10:33 pm
Old Sep 11, 2004, 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by WayMaker
I tried to register and got this:

An error has occurred. This may be because:

We already have the email address you supplied on file from a previous registration.

We appreciate your business.

If you have further questions, please contact United at:

I can't remember registering for this at all, primarily because I don't think much of the ecerts. I've never been able to make an ecert work on the routes and fares that I need.
I have seen this happen when I am logged on to united.com. Try logging out and closing the browser.
Old Sep 11, 2004, 11:57 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Great find! ^ Thanks for posting.
Old Sep 12, 2004, 10:04 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
cache

Originally Posted by h_united
I have seen this happen when I am logged on to united.com. Try logging out and closing the browser.

and clear the cache, and don't allow the cookie to post

I just had four of these sent,

strangely, the number is the same on two of them

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.