Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fly 2/4 for Premier/Premier Exec

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2004, 10:30 am

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
I'm trying to decide if this is worth it. I'm based in Seattle, and the SEA-LAS 'B' class fare doesn't seem outrageous ($496). The only cheaper fare I could find is SEA-GEG for $410 in B class. Any others that would be less expensive?
Old Sep 14, 2004, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by chicaloca453
So if I book a Qup fare, evn though on united.com the booking class says Q, it will still qualify? I know it books into A, but when you're on the final page, it says fare code xxxx and then underneath it says booking class q. That's what threw me.
Yes, it should qualify. united.com does not report the booking class correctly (it just takes the first letter of the fare basis code), so you'll see Q and Y booking codes listed on united.com even when it's a first class fare.

But do call Mileage Plus and double check with them, but the flights will be booked in A class, the boarding pass will say booking code: A as well.
Old Sep 16, 2004, 1:46 pm

I received this email and I only have 135 miles left before premier status. Wondering if they were hoping to sucker $50 out of me before I earned it for free. Nice try UA!
Old Sep 16, 2004, 2:00 pm

Programs: CO Gold
Originally Posted by tds1
I received this email and I only have 135 miles left before premier status. Wondering if they were hoping to sucker $50 out of me before I earned it for free. Nice try UA!
Unless you were trying to get Premier Exec status, then the offer may be useful to you.
Old Sep 26, 2004, 9:01 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
Anyone else doing this? I'm about to fly my second one for this promotion.
Old Sep 27, 2004, 1:06 am

Programs: CO Infinite Elite, SPG Plat, US Gold, MR Plat, etc
Yup

Originally Posted by bworrell
Anyone else doing this? I'm about to fly my second one for this promotion.
I have booked 3 flights, just trying to find a 4th fare from NorCal (to anywhere) that is not a joke! Amazing to me that the lowest Y-B-M fare SFO-LAS is $1400 in Y. Good luck...
Old Oct 1, 2004, 1:30 pm

Thumbs up

Just talked to some nice united.com folks. Apparently they just put a feature on the website that allows customers to plug in a "promotional code" to get qualifying fares for this offer. They suggested that you type in MPN094 into the Electronic certificate or promotion code box on the home page. I confirmed that it does indeed bring up M and higher fares. Make sure to use all CAPS when typing in MPN. Good luck fare shopping
Old Oct 1, 2004, 1:47 pm

Programs: AA GLD (1MM), DL GLD, Marriott Plat, RCL D+, X Elite
Well it does work! Just tested it. Yea! It even offered a lower fare, but in red letters stated that the lower fare would not qualify for the promotion. Woohoo!
Old Oct 1, 2004, 1:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Flyinhigh
Just talked to some nice united.com folks. Apparently they just put a feature on the website that allows customers to plug in a "promotional code" to get qualifying fares for this offer. They suggested that you type in MPN094 into the Electronic certificate or promotion code box on the home page. I confirmed that it does indeed bring up M and higher fares. Make sure to use all CAPS when typing in MPN. Good luck fare shopping
Now that is cool. it also comes up with a "promotion eligible" green star in the subsequent screens.

Anyone know if it works for other promos?

Lurker ^
Old Oct 1, 2004, 4:01 pm

Thumbs up

That tip deserves its own thread instead of being buried in this one. Awesome!
Old Oct 3, 2004, 5:48 pm

Programs: CO Infinite Elite, SPG Plat, US Gold, MR Plat, etc
Originally Posted by Flyinhigh
They suggested that you type in MPN094 into the Electronic certificate or promotion code box on the home page.
I got this same offer, but my email states "MPW094", which does not work as described above.
Old Oct 3, 2004, 6:02 pm

Programs: UA 1P
Originally Posted by Lurker
Now that is cool. it also comes up with a "promotion eligible" green star in the subsequent screens.

Anyone know if it works for other promos?
It got the same green stars when I used the 15% off e-certs. It also gave me available T fares but warned me in red type that they didn't qualify for the cert.

It's amazing when united.com does something useful for a change! ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.