Wiki Posts
Search

UA's website M/H fare search doesn't work

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2004, 2:23 pm
G2
Original Poster

UA's website M/H fare search doesn't work

I have been trying to book an M fare on either UA or LH metal on UA's website for a trip to Vienna this fall. I can't get an H fare because I won't be staying for 7 days. Everytime I do the search and click the box for upgrade-ability based on M/H fares, it keeps giving me a V fare on the outbound portion, which, of course, is not upgradeable using miles. It always returns an M fare on the home bound portion. Why am I getting a V fare for half my trip when I am expressly telling the site that I want to upgrade and I am clicking on the box for M/H fares? What gives?
Old Jul 30, 2004, 2:32 pm

I have been running into this problem for the past week, and since I had never tried using it before, I thought it was something I was doing (despite trying on 3 different browsers on 2 different platforms). Good to know that I am not the only one!
Old Jul 30, 2004, 2:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.32 MM
No, it's not you. The option to select an upgradable fare (Region 2/SWU) often comes back for example with W on the outbound and S on the return. I'm sick of complaining to ual.com tech support. They usually tell me that THEY don't have any problems getting it to work as it should.

John
Old Jul 30, 2004, 3:01 pm
G2
Original Poster

I gave up and booked by phone, so I don't get my puny 1,000 miles bonus for booking on-line. Pisses me off. I did get the last available upgradeable C seat on the outbound though so it's a good thing I booked today.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.