Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Requesting Upgrade to PremEx

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2004, 8:29 pm

Programs: lapsed UA 1K (now a lowly 2P), HGP Platinum
The first year I was bumped to 2P, I wrote a letter (not an email) to MP Customer Service and was bumped up based on a 6 month run-rate.

Of course, this was back in 2000, so things were different, but it's another approach.
Old Jun 25, 2004, 9:11 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, UA Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond/Ambassador, Hyatt Explor
Originally Posted by robb
The first year I was bumped to 2P, I wrote a letter (not an email) to MP Customer Service and was bumped up based on a 6 month run-rate.

Of course, this was back in 2000, so things were different, but it's another approach.
Still have a copy of that letter?
Old Jun 26, 2004, 8:22 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by robb

Was that during the SFH?
Old Jun 26, 2004, 11:14 pm

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, WN A List Preferred, Hyatt Globalest, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
UA Not Limited To One Lifetime Comp

Many other carriers are somewhat strict about one comp in the lifetime of an account, but UA will match status more than once, I think someone was even told they will match status again if it means more business for them . However, UA will not match another Star Alliance status so one must get a non Star match, and then get the non Star matched with UA. I don't know why they run through all that paperwork but you've got to figure only 1% oof the population would think through the analytical steps of getting a match from an airline just to get another match . Also re this "once in a lifetime business" you could always get a dif account say at home/work/vacation house and get a match and then if you like merge accounts. I know as an example CO I think has a flag in the account where they will only match once per act#. But if you end up having to do a mileage run that is not the end of the world.
Old Jun 26, 2004, 11:55 pm

Programs: lapsed UA 1K (now a lowly 2P), HGP Platinum
Originally Posted by Motion122
Still have a copy of that letter?
As a matter of fact, it wasn't that hard to find, but wow, it seems like a stunningly bad letter upon re-reading it. It was following the SFH, and again, I ws just trying to get to 2P, not 1P. (BTW, I did earn 1P legitimately in 2001, so I hope they found it to be worth it).

December 10, 2000

United Airlines
Mileage Plus Service Center
P.O. Box 28870
Tucson, AZ 85726-8870

Dear Service Representative:

I'm writing to ask for your assistance in getting my Mileage Plus Account (#xxxxxxxxxxx) moved to Premier Status for the 2001 Program Year.

While I narrowly missed the target in 1998, and was committed to a non-traveling project in 1999, I am again actively traveling and am remaining loyal to United.

Since moving from Chicago in June, I have been traveling regularly between College Station, TX and Chicago (with the occasional trip to LA). Since United doesn't serve CLL, I have actually had to fight with our corporate travel agent to change carriers to move me to United rather than fly Continental or American, which do have feeder airlines serving my area.

Such loyalty has also included sticking with United through involuntary reroutes and last minute changes due to labor disputes and other problems facing United. I truly believed the tagline United Rising, and find your service to far outpace your competition.

From a purely mathematical standpoint, if you'll notice, since relocating halfway through the year, I have nearly met the 12,500 miles necessary to be on an annual run rate of 25K miles. This is taking into account a flight I completed today and 1 more round trip through IAH (925 miles each way) that haven’t yet posted. Due to astoundingly bad service, I will no longer fly even American Eagle through Dallas, or any other American Flight. Therefore, going forward, my travel will be through Houston instead of Dallas, which will mean more miles per round trip than most of my travel has been this year.

This should allow me to easily re-qualify in 2001, if you could qualify me now on the basis of this extrapolation and as a loyalty bonus. Thanks for your time and attention and I eagerly await your reply.

Sincerely,

robb
Old Jun 28, 2004, 8:50 am

[QUOTE=yyzprincess]
Originally Posted by ohcanada

If you qualified for AC-Elite for 2004,you can use your Elite card to use lounges in ORD and PEK.
Are you flying Bus. or higher to PEK?
As a PremEx,you have to fly Bus.International to use the RRC lounges.
However if you AC-E,which gives you *A Gold,you can use RCC as well as other *A Lounges in PEK.
Prem Ex gives you *A Gold status and the lounge access.
http://www.star-alliance.com/star_al...e/main_10.html
Old Jun 28, 2004, 10:37 am
jss

Programs: UA 1P (1MM), AA PLT (2MM)
If you do get PE by the time you fly--make certain that you call PRIOR to the trip to have your MP # removed and then added back to the record--thus the proper 1P status will be shown--otherwise the 2P status, which was in effect at the time of the boooking, will stick with the record.
Old Jun 28, 2004, 4:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC *E
Thanks!

Thanks to all for the useful comments.

I decided to do a "Buffalo shuffle" and booked a BUF-ORD-PHX-ORD-PIT-BUF MR for mid-August. Not too bad at $229 all in for about 5500 EQM, although there is a short overnight necessary. Now I just have to remember about getting my MP number re-entered for the PEK trip.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.