Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Operational Upgrades 101 - the definitive "how to get one" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Operational Upgrades 101 - the definitive "how to get one" thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2010, 11:36 am

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by golakers32
I'm guessing slim to none. If you have points, etc. in another program, why not visit the Coupon Connection and trading for a couple SWUs?
Because he doesn't have enough posts...
Old Jan 26, 2010, 12:19 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by KroFlyer
I have read through this tread and have a pretty good idea of what I will do at the airport - talk to check-in agent, mention honeymoon, etc...hoping they will notice my status and help me out. If this fails, talk to the staff in the lounge, then talk to gate agent(s) if things continue to look bleak.

Can anyone offer any different advice, and/or give me an idea of what our chances are of actually obtaining an op-up in this situation? ...
Suggest reading http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...rspective.html before getting your hopes up to much. Given the pressure to sell upgrades at the gate and clear elites (PS flights nearly always have a waitlist for upgrades that does not get fully cleared), you will need to get very lucky.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 1:39 am

Programs: EBG
Originally Posted by golakers32
I'm guessing slim to none. If you have points, etc. in another program, why not visit the Coupon Connection and trading for a couple SWUs?
That seems to be the concensus in other threads in which I've posted, thanks for the Coupon Connection tip.

Originally Posted by as219
Because he doesn't have enough posts...
Yeah...

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Suggest reading http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...rspective.html before getting your hopes up to much. Given the pressure to sell upgrades at the gate and clear elites (PS flights nearly always have a waitlist for upgrades that does not get fully cleared), you will need to get very lucky.
Well, hopefully luck will shine though! It's not such a big deal anyway as all seats in coach are E+...Thanks for the links

Last edited by KroFlyer; Jan 27, 2010 at 6:46 am
Old Dec 4, 2011, 2:12 pm

Programs: UA 1k
Anyone give ” the speech” a shot lately? Specifically in SFO for a transpac? Headed to Narita tomorrow as a premier exec on a w fare with a fairly packed flight. Deal in the CC forum for a SWU fell trough when 2 1ks got in front of me for the 2 remaining upgrade spots, yet im showing plenty of seats in C still open.

Just curious if its worth a shot.

Last edited by Chandler69; Dec 4, 2011 at 2:23 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.