Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Anyone else have weird Mileage Summary totals?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2004, 9:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: American Executive Platinum / 1MM; Delta Platinum Medallion

I am a bit confused when I access my account on ual.com. My count has me at 38K flight miles and change, but the "YTD premier qualifying miles" count has the total at around 56K miles. I did sign up for a promotion that should give me 15K additional EQMs, but the difference between the two numbers isn't a round number, so I'm very confused.

Can someone explain the difference? I know that the UAL YTD premier qualifying miles calculation seems off sometimes, so I'm wondering if it's just their error, or if I've just got more EQMs than I know about.

thanks
Old May 4, 2004, 9:40 am

Programs: UA MP 1K Million Miler, HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by ladodger1
I am a bit confused when I access my account on ual.com. My count has me at 38K flight miles and change, but the "YTD premier qualifying miles" count has the total at around 56K miles. I did sign up for a promotion that should give me 15K additional EQMs, but the difference between the two numbers isn't a round number, so I'm very confused.

Can someone explain the difference? I know that the UAL YTD premier qualifying miles calculation seems off sometimes, so I'm wondering if it's just their error, or if I've just got more EQMs than I know about.

thanks
Did you fly a fare that would have given you bonus EQMs?

B fares and above qualify for bonus EQMs.
Old May 4, 2004, 9:51 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
MP FirstCard?

If you have one of these cards, there was a promo where the $$ that you spent on some tickets became EQM's.

I have some wierd EQM's too, since begining of the year and now, so they may be from there.

Of course, the moon had to be full, and the sky had to be red, and I had to spill cup of coffee or something on a fellow passenger.
Old May 6, 2004, 3:22 pm
Original Poster

Yes, I guess my concern is that the computers are mistakenly giving me too many miles, and one day it reverts to the lower number.
Old May 6, 2004, 3:44 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA GS/1K/2MM, HH Diamond, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
Smile

I believe that if you fly out of the Washington, DC area and were offered the "Three offers reserved just for you" those miles have posted today.

I noticed that I had an increase also and the number of miles were the EXACT number of miles for all my flight in and out of IAD from 15 March..........
Old May 6, 2004, 5:00 pm

You have touched on one of my major complaints with the mileage statement. Like may other FTers, I scrutinize my mileage statement with a fine toothed comb. Q1 had so many promos in addition to various carry over offers that I nearly went nuts trying to figure out how my EQM total is where it is. Even after factoring in the EQMs for the $$ spent on tickets, and the early bird bonus, and the carry over, and the IAD bonus, and the 2/3/4 bonus, etc. - I cannot get to the amount of EQMs that MP has in my account. I have been managing a spreadsheet for weeks on this with no luck. Still between 300-400 EQMs off. It is in my favor so who am I to complain.

United, if you are listening, please make the mileage statement have line items for bonus miles and EQM miles earned through promos. Don't just drop them all on the same line or put them into the same EQM bucket. With so many promos and so many miles, let's itemize these things. Ideally, send me a confirmation when I register for a promo so that the guessing is taken out of the equation. Then, when the sweeps happen, put the promo code and the rewards associated with that promo as a line item in my mileage plus statement. Let's make this clear for all MP flyers so that we are less confused and we call mileage plus less. Better for Flyers, better for UAL.

Just my 2 cents worth.

- SLO1K
Old May 6, 2004, 6:17 pm

Programs: WWMFD
Originally Posted by ladodger1
I am a bit confused when I access my account on ual.com.
Welcome to the club.
Old May 6, 2004, 7:23 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for your email SLO1K. I'm pretty good with numbers but I have to say I can't get the mileage summary to reconcile. Last year I had the same issue--they reported I had more EQMs than I actually had--and while I started planning some end of year mileage runs to take, the number suddenly reverted to a lower number and I was too far away to make the mileage runs worthwhile. I hope the same thing doesn't happen this year!
Old May 8, 2004, 12:53 am

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Cool summary

My husband just received a gift of 5000 eqm's. We pretty much flew together this year so I cannot figure out where his came from since I did not get them. I would also like them to spell out what promo earned the miles. I registered both of us for everything. If I had a clue the source of the miles, I would know if I should also be getting them. Hate to ask MP in case it is a mistake!
Old May 8, 2004, 1:03 am

Programs: lapsed UA 1K (now a lowly 2P), HGP Platinum
Originally Posted by Karen2
My husband just received a gift of 5000 eqm's. We pretty much flew together this year so I cannot figure out where his came from since I did not get them. I would also like them to spell out what promo earned the miles. I registered both of us for everything. If I had a clue the source of the miles, I would know if I should also be getting them. Hate to ask MP in case it is a mistake!
MPD614 offered 5,000 bonus EQM's for 1 RT w/o a Saturday-night stay.

Originally Posted by MPD614
It takes 25,000 Elite Qualifying Miles (EQMs) to reach Mileage Plus Premier status...and this special offer could take you over halfway there! And if you're already an elite member, it could help you reach the next level.

Register now and fly by March 31st.

Fly 1 paid, qualifying roundtrip(s) between February 23 and March 31, 2004, that do(es) not include a Saturday night stay, to earn 5,000 Elite Qualifying Miles.
Fly 2 paid, qualifying roundtrips to earn 10,000 EQMs.
Fly 3 paid, qualifying roundtrips to earn 15,000 EQMs.
Best of all, these miles are also redeemable for award travel.

Don’t miss your chance to earn up to 15,000 EQMs.
I flew a qulifying trip on 16-MAR, though, and haven't seen my bonus yet.
Old May 8, 2004, 5:10 am

Location: Santa Barbara, CA USA: Round the World Travel, Star Alliance. United 1K, Lufthansa Senator, Singapore PPS
My EQMs are right, as I check them carefully.

But they are never right on the day the flight posts. On that day, the EQMs go up by 100% of the miles flown. The other 50% for flying F or C posts one or two days later.

Which doesn't make any sense, but that's what happens.
Old May 8, 2004, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Originally Posted by 1Kgaggs
My EQMs are right, as I check them carefully.

But they are never right on the day the flight posts. On that day, the EQMs go up by 100% of the miles flown. The other 50% for flying F or C posts one or two days later.

Which doesn't make any sense, but that's what happens.
Based on what MP told me about the triple-offer for IAD (double eqm plus), the EQM part is a special process and while the base & bonus miles will show, a separate program has to run (at least every two weeks if not more frequently) to handle the EQM extras.

I created a spreadsheet for the first time this year to track EQMs for my flight activity. With the promos, I'll make 1K and don't want to miss it based on a math error along the way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.