Wiki Posts
Search

15K EQM/Bonus Miles Sort of Posted?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2004, 7:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: Free Agent
15K EQM/Bonus Miles Sort of Posted?

I noticed that 15,000 bonus miles posted in my account last night. 5000 miles per qualifying flight that were tacked onto two trips to Boston and one to Las Vegas in March. I called up Mileage Plus Customer service to ask about the 15K EQM's and the rep said that they would be added at an unknown future date. Is this the case with everybody else? Either way, United is running several great promos.
Old Apr 6, 2004, 7:11 am

Same here. Waiting on the EQMs.
Old Apr 6, 2004, 8:52 am

Programs: DL PM, Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
after the hiatus that this board took, i almost forgot about how wonderful it was. i just checked my MP account and say that my 5k had been half posted. i was about to call up and investigate, when i remembered about here. thanks
Old Apr 6, 2004, 9:10 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hyatt Plat
I did 3 ORD-DTW flights, march 5-6, March 20 RT and March 21 RT. The March 20 and 21 10k miles have posted but not the March 5-6 trip, will wait patiently
Old Apr 6, 2004, 10:11 am

I, too, had 10K post, even though UA owes me 15K. I called them to ask and they said that the promotion is a "threshold promotion." You must first fly 1 qualifying trip and then the next 3 count. That is, of course, totally false. My mailing says nothing about a threshold in any way. I spent about an hour on the phone with a "service director" and she was rude, flippant, and unhelpful.

She said I should fax her the offer and that in 2 business days, "someone" would contact me to explain why I am wrong.

If you have not yet received your full 15K bonus miles (with EQMs to follow), I recommend that you start complaining loudly and often.

On a related note, does anyone know how to file a small claims suit against UA in Colorado? What is the legal entity and address to serve the complaint?
Old Apr 6, 2004, 10:32 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by bxwatso
I, too, had 10K post, even though UA owes me 15K. I called them to ask and they said that the promotion is a "threshold promotion." You must first fly 1 qualifying trip and then the next 3 count. That is, of course, totally false. My mailing says nothing about a threshold in any way. I spent about an hour on the phone with a "service director" and she was rude, flippant, and unhelpful.

She said I should fax her the offer and that in 2 business days, "someone" would contact me to explain why I am wrong.

If you have not yet received your full 15K bonus miles (with EQMs to follow), I recommend that you start complaining loudly and often.

On a related note, does anyone know how to file a small claims suit against UA in Colorado? What is the legal entity and address to serve the complaint?
sure, I can also print out a copy of my mailing that has nothing about fly 1 and only the next 3 will count, it specifically says fly 1 get 5, fly 2, get 10, fly 3 get 15. I will be patient as always and wait for 6-8 weeks after my qualifying flights, which will be May 21st.
Old Apr 6, 2004, 10:44 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by bxwatso

Or you can try the old trick of hang up and try again. Just finished a call with a great CSR, who posted the missing bonus miles right there and then. ^ ^ She also mentioned that the EQM will post later.. perhaps 4-6 weeks.
Old Apr 6, 2004, 11:18 am

Yes, I agree. The best normal approach is to call back and hope for a better CSR. After I spent around 40 minutes talking with two separate people, however, I didn't want to repeat the experience.

P.S. member since 1969 - COOL.
Old Apr 6, 2004, 11:20 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
i rec'd the fly 1,2, 3 for 5k, 10k, & 15k promo but only 10k posted (minus the eqm) so i called mp and was told that there was a "threshold".

i read my e-mail to the rep (VERY helpful and VERY pleasant if i may add) and was told to hold on while she checked w/her svc director.

after a brief listen of rhaposdy in blue, she came back and informed me that i was correct and that mp had been receiving calls on this already. i was told not to do anything just yet as my a/c was noted and will be adjusted for the missing flight w/in 2-4 weeks.

i also asked about the eqm and was told that they are on a separate sweep but all three (5,10,15) will post. the 10 will probable post first as did the bonus miles and the remaining 5k may need to be adjusted like the missing flight miles.

bottom line for me is that i'm gonna hold off for now as long as my a/c is noted as per m/p, my email is correct as there was no threshold.

hope this helps
Old Apr 6, 2004, 12:47 pm

Yes, it does help, thanks. It's good to know you're not alone.

It looks like my new policy will be to call UA, and call UA again, and then call UA again until I hear what I like. (I used to call only twice).
Old Apr 6, 2004, 1:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott
ugh. I'm glad to hear that sweeps later on will correct this. I don't know how to interpret this:

23-Mar-04 UX 6597 K Class SJC to LAX 500 125 625
23-Mar-04 UX 6600 K Class LAX to SJC 500 2625 3125
24-Mar-04 UX 6600 K Class LAX to SJC 500 1125 1625
24-Mar-04 UX 6597 K Class SJC to LAX 500 3625 4125

I seem to be 5000 miles short, plus two segments qualified for 3x promo. No credit in the EQM total. I'm getting to be an addict, checking twice a day to watch my postings and bonuses roll in. I blame FT.
Old Apr 6, 2004, 2:11 pm

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Good for those that got some in the sweep, now my story.

After taking the flights only half of one itin and half of another posted to MP, also missing one rt completely. I called, and sent a snail mail telling them that I wanted them to post to count for the promo and assurance that I would get the promo because as it stood they were posting to MP after the March 31st deadline. The other halfs of the itins and the rt just posted today, so I guess I have to wait for the next "big" sweep to get my bonus miles. Should I call or wait? As you can see the last two segments are backwards, I assume that doesnt matter.

9-Mar-04 UX 5617 K Class MKE to ORD 500 500 1000
9-Mar-04 UX 5716 K Class ORD to MKE 500 500 1000
9-Mar-04 UX 5714 K Class ORD to MKE 500 500 1000
9-Mar-04 UX 5562 K Class MKE to ORD 500 500 1000
9-Mar-04 UX 5633 K Class MKE to ORD 500 500 1000
9-Mar-04 UX 5624 K Class ORD to MKE 500 500 1000
Old Apr 6, 2004, 6:40 pm

Location: DFW from PDX - UA 1K 2MM,Lifetime HHonnors Diamond, Bonvoy AMB/LT Tit, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
Mine posted stange as well

I got the fly 3,4,5 deal and only bonus miles posted for my 5th flight. I called MP and they assigned it to a supervisor and said it would be fixed in 10 days.

I will wait and see
Old Apr 6, 2004, 6:41 pm

Programs: CO Gold
I just got off the phone with a MP CS rep who posted the missing miles to my account. She said the EQM's would post most likely in the next sweep.

She said that there was a threshold and the example in the computer system gives a 2, 3, 4 example but then later reads minimum threshold will vary by customer.

She also said she had no way of telling which offer a customer received, so she had to go off of what I said as far as the 1,2,3 for my offer.
Old Apr 6, 2004, 7:17 pm

I spoke to Milege Plus desk a couple of hours ago. At first she said there was a "threshold" then checked with a supervisor. Assured me that Bonus and EQM miles would be posted. Was VERY nice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.